so totally new to alternative energy

1 Posts
Aug 27, 2007 03:40 pm
so totally new to alternative energy

I am reading on ine here and ther trying to determine what can i do to use some solar and some wind, perhaps wter too. We get about 65" of rain a year (PAC NWest). Lots of fog too.

We are on a water well and have a pump. Is there any reason I can not simply re-wire the pump to a battery and hook up a solar pannel? versus installing a new solar pump unit? And I am not sure what a PV pump is. Does this utilize water someway which may benifit me more with the lack of sun in winter?

Also as my main issue. I dont fully understand how i take a source of energy- wind, sun, water. Adn get it itno a battery then into my house. Does the battery connect to my power box? or do i have power cords connected o teh batteies and simply run this all over the house.

I told you I am so totally new to this!  LOL

seriously though, I don't know how the power gets from the alt energy device into my applieance. I suppose the ideal way would be where the entire house is runing off the batteries?

oh- what do i gain in a 12v 24v or 48v battery? and is here any reaon $50 car batteries at wally world wouldn't be of use?

thanks

any info is good info at this point.

BTW as far the sun- we litterally go sometimes 2 weeks without seeing the sun in winter. We have lot's of redwoods but no sun!  LOL

dave

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!