RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Supplemental Energy Source

I would like to supplement my current energy source with a solar air heater. I live in an extremely cold climate where the tempe...
Don Stiles 3

Mounting Lighting arrestors

I have a Whisper 200 wind mill mounted on a 50 foot tower. I need to know how to mount and wire a lighting arrestor to it. T...
Donald Bodda 2

i'd like to talk with someone who has set up an air-x wind turbine

i'm new at the idea and would like to talk to someone who has set this up and has been sucsessfull please let me know if yo...
Doug Rabold 1

Newbie - Short Term power demand

Hello all.  I live on the grid in an area where the grid is powered by Hydro (British Columbia, Canada).  We've b...
Dustin Jenkins 2

Solar Chicken Coop

I am building a chicken coop in northern New Mexico, it will be fairly efficient; straw bale walls minimal windows E and W a goo...
Dylan Moore 5

Renewable/Alternative Energy, Where to Start

People often talk about using alternative energy in their homes or businesses, but do they understand what those alternatives ar...
Ed K 0

solar water pumping in costa rica

we're planning a development in costa rica to build 30 homes. the site has high hills. at the low point of the property are...
Edward Hall 2

MX60 @ 72 volts

I have 3 KC 130 12v 21.9 voc 7.4 amps        3 GE 110 12v 21.2 voc 6.6 amps       &nb...
Edward L Harrop 1

Meter to log amp production daily & cumulatively from wind generator only.

Hello My system of solar & 3 wind gens is monitored for amps in & out by an e-meter.  I would like to moni...
Edward L Harrop 2

appropriate generators for off-grid photovoltaic system

I would like to add a small back-up generator to my 1500 watt,220 AH(AGM)system, for getting through the rainy season with some ...
Edward Spencer 6

new alternative energy event in Russia!

Hello everybody! My name is Elizaveta Kostikova. My company is organizing the First International Forum ENERGY FRESH 2009 (i...
Elizaveta Kostikova 0

snow on solar panel

This must be a problem for anyone in the Northeast: what to do about snow on the photovoltaic panels? We've been climbing a ladd...
Ellen Beberman 2

solar hot water heat

I have a huge old house with radiators in every room.  I have never used the old oil furnace attached to them.  I am i...
ellen stacy 2

Matrix Solar

Does anyone have contact information for getting Matrix Solar/PHOTOwatt to honor their product warranty?  I have contacted thei...
Eric Berzon 1

allow solar panel on moblie home?

Hi, I'm new here. I want to know if it is ok to install a solar panel on moblie home.The roof is shingle and slope angle bo...
Eric Carlson 2

Power needed for remote wireless signal repeater

I need to provide power for a remote wireless antenna setup and am completely new at this. Here's what I know and think I n...
Eric Fletcher 18

First RE System is Planned

Well, I'm ready to begin working toward my first system.  My plan calls for a 900W windturbine(already available to me...
Eric F 12

Disconnects at Base of Wind Tower

I have a H100 Wind Turbine that will be on a 50' tower that will be 300 feet away from my home. Questions: ...
Eric F 0

Temporarily Stopping a Wind Turbine

I have a Southwest Windpower Whisper 100 Wind Turbine.  Due to weather constraints and time available to install it, I will...
Eric F 1

B-Grade PV Modules

So I have noticed a posting or two here on the forums about B-Grade PV modules and wanted to make a couple of comments and see i...
Eric Pedersen 4

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!