Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Flat Plate Solar Hot Water using motor oil ???

I am planning on installing a solar hot water system. I want to use oil or some other liquid to runthrough the collector on the ...
Arcandspark 2

Freetricity.com

« 1 2 ... 7 8 »
Since I am interested in alternative energy sources, I looked into freetricity.com. I called them and the salesman I spoke to sa...
Sue Smith 229

Fuses and grounding

I'm building a portable power station for camping it's a mixxed bag of components. Many of the pieces are salvaged...
Mykl Wells 3

fusing parallel battery strings

My PV system, (will be up an running in two weeks), has a battery bank of 4 parallel battery pairs.  I have heard that thes...
James J 1

garage door opener

Hello to all, I would like to connect my garage door opener to one(or more if needed) solar panel(s). This opener is equippe...
Kon Pik 5

Geing ready for fun and survival if needed

Hello,To make a long story short, I want to build a "shed" experiment in soalr and alternative living, and use it as a camper/sa...
Jason Ebacher 3

gel vs sealed

I am in the market to replace the batteries in my solar system. Which type of battery will provide the best performance vs longe...
jorge boubion 1

Generate amps or Generate watts?

There is an equipment that generates 450amps AC and this equipment is a water generation machine (Dehumidifier) not a pumping ma...
Smith Oshodin 19

Generator

I have a 3000 watt Generator that has a battery charger 12 volt and I believe 8.5 amps output ( I don't have the spec sheet...
Rene M 6

generator / battery charger??

How do I hook up a generator to the Xantrex DR1512 AC input? I have a 2300 watt generator I want to charge my battery ba...
Juah Thao 2

Generator 12v chargeing

Does anyone know if I use a charge controller on the 12v chargeing circut that my generator provides will it protect from overta...
Max Schulte 2

Generator charge to battery question

Hi everyone, I'm new here and have some questions. Please help me. 1. Can I connect the  Inverter 25...
Dave Ng 1

Generator Start Module wiring

Greetings - I have purchased a new Generac 10Kw(LP) Standby Generator to hook up to my offgrid Re system. I have a Xantrex inver...
David Rudell 4

Geo Solar Homes

Geo solar homes utilize energy from both the sun and earth for heating and cooling purposes. In these homes, solid wood walls su...
Robert Mathew 0

Geothermal from waterwells.

There seems to to be no one interested in developing the geothermal potential possibilities of shallow  100'-500' wells. I ...
Jim 2

Geothermal HVAC

We plan on installing Geothermal HVAC system in new house being built off grid. These units are so efficient that where a 3 ton ...
Arcandspark 2

getting started need help

I am just starting my research on going off the grid, I want a wind turbine, but not sure how big to go. If I use around 2797 KW...
Amy Quinn 3

Getting the power company out of my life.

Hi everyone. I live in Oklahoma and have a very corrupt power company to deal with. They don't steal from everyone but it s...
Jonathan W 3

GFCI Inverter outlet to Panel - keeps tripping

I have a Samlex inverter 1000watt(just like the one sold here but not 1500w)that came with a standard 120v GFCI socket as it...
Michael Riewer 2

GFP breakers

I would like to know why Trace is the only company thay has a Ground fault protection breaker for use on roof mounted PV arrays ...
Thomas Allen Schmidt 4

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!