RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

End user's lament

From what I have read financing and incentives for the use of renewable energies is catering to; big industry first, small busin...
Thomas Allen Schmidt 0

Conservation Pays More With Inflation

When people start researching alternative energy and efficiency, they either start out with the intention of reducing their futu...
Thomas Anderson 10

What will replace oil wells-?

« 1 2 »
Enclosed is a URL address to a possible energy gathering machine. Do you think it could work-?
Thomas Dixon 59

Global Warming and Energy Independence Supression

Hi guys, 1st off, I may go slightly off topic but it's a broad topic I'd like to talk and see your guys opinion and ma...
Thomas E 6

I need help Finding AWG #4 cables

Hi guys. I got #12 a few months ago after reading in my Air-X manual that a 24 volt and a length of 30 to 60 ft is good with a A...
Thomas E 3

Using a pool to net energy instead of waste it.

Hi ...I'm trying to figure out if there is an inexpensive and practical way to net energy or better use out of an inground ...
Thomas R 6

Solar shingles project? Help/advice please

Hi friends, I am a member of a co-operative housing corporation in Providence, Rhode Island -- located in a fairly expe...
Tim Fitzgerald 1

Charging batteries

Hello, I recently went live with my system and have a battery question. My system consists of 12 BPSX3200 modules wired 3 st...
Timothy Karl 1

Profiting From The Energy Sector

The popularity of the renewable energy sources have risen in recent years. This is owing to the soaring fuel prices and decreasi...
Tin Scavo 1

solar panel repair

I need help in locating someone that can service my Revere solar hot water panels.  I am located in northern Delaware. ...
Tom Burgoon 3

Solar Power for a Fonera (Wi-Fi Access Point)

I'd like to setup a wireless access point in an area where power is not available to me. The wall wart that powers the devi...
Tom Foley 5

CORN-BASED ETHANOL, THE CLEAN ENERGY MYTH

Corn-based Ethanol is bad for the environment and costs us more per gallon than gasoline.  Manufacturing corn-based ethanol als...
Tom Kramer 1

Four $ a Watt

PW750 times 2 for $590 is no more . I'm waitingtil i see
Tom Scott 3

CO2 Emmisons from household gabage

What is the lesser of two evils?  I live in a rural area where burning your trash is OK.  So what is the lesser of two...
Toni & Greg B 4

off to on grid

Hi, It seems that a person starting out should build an off grid system and then keep adding more panels until there is enou...
Tony Butterfield 13

windmills

I live in a suburb an I want to cut my electricity cost I have a creek running through myh back yard and lots of space. Can you ...
tonya 1

Ultimate solar fan

I was hot the other day (Florida) and decided I needed a new fan.  Suddenly the solution came to me a car radiator fan. ...
Travis A 9

Paint / Coat roof to reflect sun's energy?

My house has a shingle roof.  As you can imagine, they're black.  Black absorbs the sun's energy quite well, so in t...
Travis M 6

a unique use for solar power

My electric truck is finally running (I'll have more pics in my gallery in the next couple weeks), so I've started on ...
Travis M 0

For those that have successfully gone off-grid, how many watts?

The subject says it all.  If you've take a home or other building that you use regularly (so, not a cabin where you�...
Travis M 20

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!