RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Solar Thermal - Adding heat to crawl space

I have a crawl space on a house built about 10 years ago. It is in excellent condition, with very little moisture conce...
Keith Birchfield 8

Our New President And Renewable Energy

I hope Obama follows through on his promises to lead America into Energy Independence. This past year the high cost of gas has s...
Sh JA 8

Sorry for the noise folks :(

[post deleted -Nick]
Wendel Smith 9

wind heat

hi is there any way to harness wind  generation direct to some sort of resistans wire to make only heat .regardlessof fluct...
bruce jones 9

Solar Thermal Hot Water or Tankless Hot Water

Looking for advice and help deciding on how to proceed. We currently use an electric hot water heater, to provide hot w...
Keith Birchfield 9

Ultimate solar fan

I was hot the other day (Florida) and decided I needed a new fan.  Suddenly the solution came to me a car radiator fan. ...
Travis A 9

questions about solar powered circulator pump for solar hot water system

I’m planning a new solar evacuated tube hot water system and had a question about the circulator pump, which I’d like to run...
Jerry Klinken 9

gel batteries at different volts

I have 16 gel 12v batteries I bought new 3 yrs ago. I am using them in a 48v off-grid system with 2 inverters and a xantre...
James Anspaugh 9

wire size for grounding panels

when grounding panels, should the grounding conductor wire size be sized for the total Isc x 1.3 of all the panels being connect...
James Johnson 9

Hydro power from 60 foot water falls

I own a 60 ft plus waterfalls I am not sure how to figure out the water flow, it flows year round and was used in the 1800s to s...
Bob Brown 9

How do I connect a small wind/solar system to my house 120V pannel?

I recently started to experiment with alternative energy. I have approx. 200watt of solar power and a 400watt wind generator fee...
Peter Krug 9

PV prices going down?

The Solar American Initiative (SAI) is a broad national program designed to encourage competition throughout the solar industry ...
Thomas Allen Schmidt 9

Help for newbe?

Hi Folks,  I just discovered AltE and what a great company and this board is excellent info.  I'm planning a smal...
Bob Coco 9

Unisolar Off grid - Alternative energy store cabin system #3

Hello all.  I am kinda new at the store and community and just wanted to share information on the system here. Not sure...
Robert C 9

Solar panels for rent

Has anyone ever heard of a company that rents solar panels by charging for energy used?  This seems like a great idea if it...
Jeff Edwards 9

Finanching off the grid

Hello, I an in New Mexico, looking to finance my home but can't because I am out in open range and off the grid. We wan...
Debra Hurley 9

How do you keep snow from sticking on solar panels?

I just got solar system online a couple weeks ago and can,t keep the snow off. I am about 50 miles south of Erie pa. and h...
Victor Snodgrass 10

Conservation Pays More With Inflation

When people start researching alternative energy and efficiency, they either start out with the intention of reducing their futu...
Thomas Anderson 10

Airbird Wind Turbines

I got a call from a guy who bought one of these turbines (see http://www.airbird.org/Products.html) and wondered how to hook it ...
Jim Sluyter 10

Basic question about voltage

I known for awhile that to get the most life out of one's batteries, it is best not to discharge them below 12.5 to 12.4 vo...
Lawrence Carroll 10

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!