Batteries

12 Posts
Jul 20, 2009 11:25 am
Batteries

I need some help, I'm going to get 2 Trojan 105 batteries to start off my small off grid system but I'm not sure if I should go with the regular T105 or the T105-RE batteries designed for renewable energy.  I cant seem to find anything that different and my local batteries plus has regular T105's in stock.  Thanks guys!

578 Posts
Jul 20, 2009 11:39 am
Re: Batteries

i would say that many solar folks have survived for decades with the old t105's, so if you miss some of the enhancements and new stickers on the new versions, for your first system, this is not a travesty. 

if this is a permanent installation on or in a building, spend your money on code compliant safety gear first, and second spend it on monitoring equipment so you learn from it.

good luck, please feel free to use the forum or the gallery for system advice from the contributors

james
altE staff

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

26 Posts
Jul 20, 2009 12:05 pm

Mr Petersen;
 Used T-105`s (factory rebuilt) have been used here for over a year and a half without any problems. Eight are wired ,forming one battery bank.

One suggestion > By enjoying this forum , I have noticed quite a few pictures of battery terminals all corroded up
(on the not so well installed systems)and some on nice installations too.

When the batteries were installed here, I used a spray, battery terminal coating and there is not a bit of corrosion on any terminal or wire connection.You may want to check that out.

Cheers ! and congrats on your new system.
 Rob

5 Posts
Jul 20, 2009 12:11 pm

Deep Cycle FLA
Deep cycle FLA batteries are used in many different applications, such as aerial work platforms, floor machines, golf cars,
marine, RV, and renewable energy, providing ongoing power for the device, vehicle, or craft. These batteries are designed
to supply medium to low current over a long period of time to a much higher degree of depth of discharge. Furthermore,
deep cycle FLA batteries are designed to be cycled many more times than dual purpose batteries.(this was taken from Trojan web site) I think its better to go heavy than under build for battery life,where you can add rather than replace,I use 12 hawker 6vf11 gel batt string for a magnum  4448 with 4 175w bp solar panels(will add more later)

26 Posts
Jul 20, 2009 12:36 pm

Forgot to add , The cost for each battery was $60.00
 At a golf cart shop.

5 Posts
Jul 20, 2009 04:05 pm

ANY start up A.E. system is better than none at all,just dont want you to have to redo any system,here is a good site to look at:

[Ed: Removed link to competitor's site]
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2009 01:03 pm by Nick Albright »

12 Posts
Jul 21, 2009 12:24 am

Thanks guys! I knew you would have no problem with my question! I think for the price and AH the T105 is going to be my best option. Thanks!

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!