RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

I need help Finding AWG #4 cables

Hi guys. I got #12 a few months ago after reading in my Air-X manual that a 24 volt and a length of 30 to 60 ft is good with a A...
Thomas E 3

UL Listing for solar pool pump?

I just had a customer call saying the electrical inspector in Hawaii is saying the solar pool pump has to be UL listed.  Ar...
Amy Beaudet 3

A Weekend Cabin System

New to this, need to know what I need to run a water/well pump at a cabin.  The pump is rated at 110V, 13A, 60HZ.  It ...
Kenneth Flore 3

Need some advice

I work as part of the finance team for a chain of luxury stores and recently I feel like we can be saving a lot more in terms of...
Cecilia lazo 3

Widow Films?

Have many large windows.Cant afford to replace but would at least try to reduce radiant heat before summer! I have found no free...
David O 3

Home solar panel

I would like to make a few practical suggestions about why individuals should consider residential solar panels. T...
Robert Delahunty 3

Need replacement absorber plate

Hi, My freeze protection for my 4'x10' solar hot water panel failed during a cold night and water froze in th...
Brian Dombrowski 3

I need help with the math!

I have just started researching solar panels for my house. We are using 25 KWH on average. I don't know if that is really h...
Kim Nottingham 3

Solar vs. Wind

I found a site to build solar panels and windmills, but I'm not sure what to build first. I'm still waiting for it to ...
Cody Trotman 3

Wind power air compressor

Can anyone tell me if there is such a wind driven air compressor to push air down a deep well to push water up. I did see some i...
Herman Verkruissen 3

Solar Thermal Hot Water and Cold Air Return Heat Exchanger

I have been wondering about a system that is talked about briefly, but hardly explained in much details in terms of pros/cons.&n...
Alan Gonzalez 3

The law and electricity

Speaking with someone the other day the subject came up that I live off grid. Off grid? he inquired. I simplfied this too not ha...
Thomas Allen Schmidt 3

Smallest PV size for Grid Tie

I'm toying with the idea of a small, i.e. about half a kW, solar array on my house and am wondering what is out there for s...
Jonathan Hunt 3

solar panel repair

I need help in locating someone that can service my Revere solar hot water panels.  I am located in northern Delaware. ...
Tom Burgoon 3

Windmill Installation Costs

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to model a home's electricity costs for a school project.  I'm including th...
Adam Smith 3

Solar Pumping & Storing Energy in a Water Resevior

I live in rural Ecuador (see the ecolodge we have built: www.blacksheepinn.com) and we currently have a submersible pump connect...
Andres Hammerman 3

2007 Solar Decathlon

Hello Everyone! For those who didn't know, right now the Solar Decathlon (www.solardecathlon.org) is on the Nation...
Ian Williams 3

Area Calculators?

Do any of the Panel or Tracker Manufactures have calculators to plan out a system (area)? My system will fit into a triangle and...
Paul Blanchette 3

Arc fault detectors

In Ontario we have to install arc fault detectors in any bedroom outlets. I have heard that the DR series Xantex will not le...
Jerry Pierson 3

Winter storage of batteries

This summer I got 4 Deka Gel batteries for a system I will install next year. I have them in an unheated garage - Toronto On...
Jerry Pierson 3

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!