RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Vertical Axis, or "Egg Beater" windmills--anyone? ANYone??

heard an awful lot of hype out there about vawt's.  anyone here actually OWN one (other than you, Jay Leno)?  or ...
J. Chris Cloud 1

Windmill - Wind Generator

I am restoring an old windmill.  I have had several people tell me that I should make it a wind generator.  I have sea...
Josh P. 1

pump&panel combo

I have everything worked out for a solar hot water system but I'm looking to purchase (or at least price) a complete turn k...
John Russell 1

CORN-BASED ETHANOL, THE CLEAN ENERGY MYTH

Corn-based Ethanol is bad for the environment and costs us more per gallon than gasoline.  Manufacturing corn-based ethanol als...
Tom Kramer 1

Brilliant minds

You may have heard this question before. Do brilliant minds think alike or, do they think for themselves? http://ww...
Thomas Allen Schmidt 1

Solar install classes in the Midwest?

I feel like I'm getting close to the edge of learning on my own, with regards to installing a solar power system safely. My...
James Johnson 1

Matrix Solar

Does anyone have contact information for getting Matrix Solar/PHOTOwatt to honor their product warranty?  I have contacted thei...
Eric Berzon 1

Charge controller for sell back system

Does anyone make a charge controller for a high voltage (310 to 360 VDC) sell back system?  My wife is going to be very unh...

Bulbs

I am looking to change my 120 volt motion detector flood lights to 12 volts (These are outdoor flood lights. can anyone reco...
Rene M 1

high mass heating system

im remodeling my house and have the opportunity to add a sand high mass floor as described by bob ramlow in his book solar water...
Christopher Schober 1

12 volt system

Hi I'm wondering is there any real benefit of having a battery bank larger than a 12 volt system. With the MPPT controllers...
Charles Harte 1

Large Wind Turbine News

At the Alternative Energy Store we deal mostly with small wind projects, but in the news last week were two stories that caught ...
Chris Brown 1

DC wind energy....AM I CRAZEY???

I am looking at building a wind turbine generator using manufactured turbine and blades mounted on a belt driven system of autom...
Chris Ivers 1

Charging batteries

Hello, I recently went live with my system and have a battery question. My system consists of 12 BPSX3200 modules wired 3 st...
Timothy Karl 1

"Earn big money installing RE." ?!

Are you a renewable energies worker? Do you feel like your not getting payed a fair amount? Are you an employer of RE wo...
Thomas Allen Schmidt 1

Re: Alternative Energy Business

Would like to ask the advice of all here. Am in search of ideas on what would be a good Alternative Energy Business to ...
Steve Colwell 1

Am I really being Net Metered?

Perhaps I'm just being paranoid, but how do I know that the power I am sending back through my utility meter is actually offsett...
Chris_H 1

Code compliant PV systems

If you would like to know more about the National Electrical Code or NEC concerning Article 690 Photovoltaics, here is a great s...
Thomas Allen Schmidt 1

anybody with a windmill near Denton TX?

hi, we're interested in having our own windmill.  we live near Denton, Texas on several acres.  it is always windy her...
JRios 1

Can someone help me?

I am doing a proect on wind power and was delighted to find this site. But I am having trouble inding some products powered by w...
Anne 1

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!