RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

RALLY, (you've seen the movie, you know what happens when we say) RALLY

ZEV RALLY July 4, 2008 Declare your Independence from Oil Copy the link spread the word, clear your calendars. Start pl...
Marcia Everett 4

Super-Green City of the Future

Every day, a few hundred thousand vehicles cross the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge, their drivers barely aware of the small, ...
Grant Rowe 2

The moment of battery connection...

Hi folks! As a newbie, I have concerns... I have a multiple 12V batteries (AGM 200Ah, identical model#/manufacturer, sa...
Will S 1

Tankless water heater to heat baseboard heat in house.

Has anyone used a tankless water heater to replace an oil furnace baseboard heating system ?  Can you recommend a MFG to co...
Craig R 7

Iota battery chargers

I have a friend with an Iota DLS55 (55 amp at 12v) battery charger and he asked me about increasing the charge amperage to his e...
Michael Goodrich 0

Windmill - Wind Generator

I am restoring an old windmill.  I have had several people tell me that I should make it a wind generator.  I have sea...
Josh P. 1

Vertical Axis, or "Egg Beater" windmills--anyone? ANYone??

heard an awful lot of hype out there about vawt's.  anyone here actually OWN one (other than you, Jay Leno)?  or ...
J. Chris Cloud 1

Solar Power Investment Opportunities

As Solar power continues to grow in popularity what Companies are best placed to profit from the growth ?
Pete Suttie 12

pump&panel combo

I have everything worked out for a solar hot water system but I'm looking to purchase (or at least price) a complete turn k...
John Russell 1

Looking to dual-power well pump

I'm looking to convert my well pump to dual-power.  I.e., solar and normal electricity.  Would you suggest I repl...
Matt Slaga 1

i have found the road to safe clean nuclear fusion of water

hello, my name is Solomon- and i fundamentally believe I HAVE FOUND THE ROAD TO SAFE CLEAN NUCLEAR FUSION- I have performed an e...
Solomon Azar 0

Can you charge a battery using man made energy?

This is probably a stupid question,but we have been seeing the cranking flashlights and foot pump batteries and were wondering i...
Mitzi Callahan 5

Power Smart Pricing

My electric utility company now has a real-time pricing program, and I've just enrolled.  A new meter will be installed, a...
John D 10

How to make a home made wind generator furling system.

I want to know if anyone out there knows how to make a home made wind generator turn out of the wind when the wind gets to fast.
Nick Dunn 1

CO2 Emmisons from household gabage

What is the lesser of two evils?  I live in a rural area where burning your trash is OK.  So what is the lesser of two...
Toni & Greg B 4

Has anyone figured this out ?

Has anyone figured out how to pull live data from an SMA webbox to put it on a webserver ? I know there has been alot of di...
Mike Lussier 0

how does it it work

Hi there, I'm new to the whole renewable nrg scene and I'm just starting to study the nitty gritty for the first time....
Malae Johnston 2

where to get Insurance

Im in the process of buying an off grid house and am having trouble finding insurance any advice would be helpful
Wayne Kobe 0

12v system for 120sqft cabin

Hi, I'm a newbe.  I'm building a small cabin on a mountain top in east TN and would like to provide lighting and ...
John Barton 1

wind heat

hi is there any way to harness wind  generation direct to some sort of resistans wire to make only heat .regardlessof fluct...
bruce jones 9

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!