RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Solar Chicken Coop

I am building a chicken coop in northern New Mexico, it will be fairly efficient; straw bale walls minimal windows E and W a goo...
Dylan Moore 5

a unique use for solar power

My electric truck is finally running (I'll have more pics in my gallery in the next couple weeks), so I've started on ...
Travis M 0

Inverters that work the best for you

Howdy all, I am just starting out and am researching which inverter is the most reliable with the least amount of probl...
Adam Browne 2

Battteries do not hold charge overnight

Installed 2-130 watt Krocera panels, going to a Xantrex C-35 controller, then to two midsize deep cycle batteries, into a 1500 w...
Allen B 5

conversion math

since i havn't found much interest in my previous post i will try another. i want to make sure that i'm on th...
Chris Ivers 2

Will the investment have a real return?

I'm a resident of PR and I'm currently paying and average of $0.23/kWh. That includes a somewhat infair cost structure...
Luis Cortes 3

I was wondering what people thought about verticle wind turbines?

I read an article published in a monthly farmer news paper about a very impresive, but relatively simple verticle wind turbine.&...
Chris Ivers 2

Electric brake for wind

does anyone have a diagram for an electric brake system for a wind turbine? Not exactly sure how it's meant to work.
Will Williams 1

DC wind energy....AM I CRAZEY???

I am looking at building a wind turbine generator using manufactured turbine and blades mounted on a belt driven system of autom...
Chris Ivers 1

I need help Finding AWG #4 cables

Hi guys. I got #12 a few months ago after reading in my Air-X manual that a 24 volt and a length of 30 to 60 ft is good with a A...
Thomas E 3

For those that have successfully gone off-grid, how many watts?

The subject says it all.  If you've take a home or other building that you use regularly (so, not a cabin where you�...
Travis M 20

my homebru hydro system

Hi. A while back I started building a home bru hydroelectric system and since I shop here I thought I'd show some ...
Zachary M 2

Solar Powered Sump Pump

Hello, I have a good amount of water (~ 25 gallons an hour) being pumped out of my basement via the standard sump pump setup. I ...
David Krutsch 2

Charging batteries

Hello, I recently went live with my system and have a battery question. My system consists of 12 BPSX3200 modules wired 3 st...
Timothy Karl 1

Need help making ethanol!

I need help making an ethanol still and ethanol. Any advice? Specifics I need info on are the simplest still to build, how l...
Justin Quaglia 0

CORN-BASED ETHANOL, THE CLEAN ENERGY MYTH

Corn-based Ethanol is bad for the environment and costs us more per gallon than gasoline.  Manufacturing corn-based ethanol als...
Tom Kramer 1

New to Solar--have a few questions!

I live in Southern California, and I'd like to tinker a little with solar. Having very little electrical background, but no...
Jon Kubis 4

Anti-Gravity device. (serious question)

Is a boat or a float an earth-bound anti-gravity device? (I should add "warm weather" to earth-bound)Also, is a float ...
Hilton CM 16

How To Configure For Radiant Heat?

We live on a creek and want to install two micro-hydro generators for our new home.  I should be able to get 5 amps from ea...
Roger Leslie 0

charge controller location

I have a 100' cable run between the solar panel and the battery.  Should the controller be placed at one end or the ot...
Lee Gersch 5

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!