RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Windmill Installation Costs

Hi Everyone, I'm trying to model a home's electricity costs for a school project.  I'm including th...
Adam Smith 3

Need help to select batteries

Hi, Currently, I have two battery banks, one that smoked away (consisting of four 8D truck batteries, 3 of them got sulfated...
Jorge Rodriguez 3

Cansolair Type Soda Can Solar Heater - Hungarian Website

Anyone speak Hungarian? http://www.freeweb.hu/napenergia/gyak/szp/sztgyi.htm I found this Cansolair type DIY s...
Joe DeBottis 0

Looking for good Solar Battery Charger

Hi all, My kids have a ton of junk that uses batteries - mostly AA and AAA but a few C as well.  We've conver...
Shawn Zimmerman 1

Two questions

Does The Alternative Energy Store work with local contractors and if not do customers buy products and hire a contractor of...
Daisy/Timothy Roland 1

Trying to find a car I read about, but I have a bad memory.

Okay, this question isn't about renewable energy, but it does involve the 'Save the Planet' concept, so I'm ...
Jason Goatcher 5

Seimans SR 100 solar panels

I have a option to buy 10 SR 100 panels.  These are new in unopened boxes from the estate of the original owner.  I ca...
Lynn Barnica 2

Magnum controller

Someone quoted a system for me and it consisted of a 2812 e panel,also a MX60controller. He also included a Magnum controlle...
Jerry Pierson 1

2007 Solar Decathlon

Hello Everyone! For those who didn't know, right now the Solar Decathlon (www.solardecathlon.org) is on the Nation...
Ian Williams 3

Solar Pumping & Storing Energy in a Water Resevior

I live in rural Ecuador (see the ecolodge we have built: www.blacksheepinn.com) and we currently have a submersible pump connect...
Andres Hammerman 3

Ceiling fan

The log cabin we are building has a cathedral ceiling over the living area. Looking for an energy efficient ceiling fan with...
Jerry Pierson 0

building solar panels

I'm in the process of building some solar panels.  I need to attach a wire interface to connect each solar panel. ...
Robert Wood 0

Help!! Where do we start......

We are looking for any tips or help in starting our solar projects.  Currently we own and operate a small pub/cafe in Calif...
Sharon Tesch 2

Winter storage of batteries

This summer I got 4 Deka Gel batteries for a system I will install next year. I have them in an unheated garage - Toronto On...
Jerry Pierson 3

Arc fault detectors

In Ontario we have to install arc fault detectors in any bedroom outlets. I have heard that the DR series Xantex will not le...
Jerry Pierson 3

how much?

haw much it will cost to install a system for a a/c of 115 volts . 930watts
Roberto V 1

Off grid or on grid

I am building a new house and it is near the grid in the country (3 poles out)...my question is, if you are close to the grid is...
Andrew Halassy 16

looking for something to look at

i have learn a lot about alternative energy in the last 2 months. this is so much to conceder and i would hate to make a mistake...
Nathan Plass 0

Hi Folks,OLD ARTICLE I AM PROUD OF.

GRAHAM TOQUER ISSUE 75, 2007 • I n f i n i t e E n e r g y In 1997, I published an article in this magazine...
Grant Rowe 0

New website: 1st Sustainable Living degree in America

We are pleased to announce our new website for the first Sustainable Living degree program in America at http://www.mum.edu/sust...
Craig Shaw 1

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!