RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

Solar Chicken Coop

I am building a chicken coop in northern New Mexico, it will be fairly efficient; straw bale walls minimal windows E and W a goo...
Dylan Moore 5

Solar Air Conditioners???

Air-conditioning accounts for the major portion of my electricity usage during the summer months. Since evaporative cooling is i...
John B 8

Solar Absorber Coatings

I am doing my PhD in solar absorber coatings to be used in parabolic trough coleectors of solar thermal power plants. I want to ...
Muhammad Sana Ullah Khan 0

Sol-R-Beam Water Heater

Help! We are looking to repair a Sol-R-Beam water heater that was installed in 1985. It looks like a pretty straight forwartd re...
Richard Tuttle 3

Sol-R-Beam

I have acquired a Sol-R-Beam water heater and need any technical information available on it.  Does anyone know a resource ...
Linda Bugg 0

Sodium chloride usage to store 250 kwh/m3 of solar heat.

I have assembled a little system to store 250 kwh/m3 of solar heat. Solar heat is stored through the heat of fusion of the s...
Javier Ramirez 0

so totally new to alternative energy

I am reading on ine here and ther trying to determine what can i do to use some solar and some wind, perhaps wter too. We get ab...
Dave P 0

snow on solar panel

This must be a problem for anyone in the Northeast: what to do about snow on the photovoltaic panels? We've been climbing a ladd...
Ellen Beberman 2

Smallest PV size for Grid Tie

I'm toying with the idea of a small, i.e. about half a kW, solar array on my house and am wondering what is out there for s...
Jonathan Hunt 3

Small Solar System

Hello, I bought ten 15 watt panels from Canadian Tire (The Eliminator ones...12v and 1amp).  I also bought two dee...
Patrick Guenette 25

Skystream offgrid?

Kinda new to this whole alternative energy thing but have been slowly building a system for my farm in North Dakota.  I hav...
Ron Johnson 2

simple, cheap, shed system

I have a small storage shed (12' x 16') that I would like to install some lighting in.  It is not feasible to run...
Marc Kerschner 3

Simple machines

I am the director of cirriculum at my school and head of the Environmental Education staff.  I would like to know of any si...
Priest Choctaw 2

Seimans SR 100 solar panels

I have a option to buy 10 SR 100 panels.  These are new in unopened boxes from the estate of the original owner.  I ca...
Lynn Barnica 2

School Project Help

Hello all, I am new to the altE community however i would love if if you could help me out here I am currently doing a ...
Taylor Wilson 4

Saving Money on Water Heating

I came up with a way of reducing my electrical consumption for water heat that may or may not be of general interest, but though...
Jon C 6

Sailboat on hook...

I live aboard a sailboat and spend half the year dockside and the other half on a mooring. While on the mooring, I want to be ab...
Stephen Brown 5

Rodent protection

Can anyone help with ideas for protecting a rooftop PV array from squirrels or other rodents chewing up PV wiring? Is this a pro...
Chris Flaccus 2

Revolutionary Non-Fuel Electric Engine - NEW - Recorded with U.S. Govt.

I know this sounds wild, but I have all the U. S. Government documentation, prototype production photos, Copyright Certificates ...
Harold Carter 19

retro-electro car bike conversion

i teach how to convert your car to zero-emission all electric plug-in. would any body want to set up a class in your area? /// d...
Yat-sin Sun 0

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!