Great quantity of free solar energy constantly

link - http://www.anzwers.org/free/energy1/Energy_home.html

It's mine
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2006 01:52 pm by Platini Michel »

30 Posts
Aug 21, 2006 02:31 pm
Re: Great quantity of free solar energy constantly

sigh............

So much education to do, so little time.......

Tom H.

5 Posts
Aug 22, 2006 08:43 am

I am trying to do it.......

Aug 24, 2006 05:10 am

I look at it and all I see is a big'ol pot of steaming hot beefstew with taters and onions and carrots and barley and all on a cold winters day. Maybe some buttered sourdough bread.

Kidding aside, what you are proposing may or way not be cost effective. I will be interested to see your economic figures on future updates of your site.

5 Posts
Aug 24, 2006 06:59 am

A little solar furnace like that is able to reach temperatures of 300 °C!
A great hole in the ground having a ray of 1000 m. has a solar surface about 3 million of mq, it would be able to melt every metal...
This solar furnace can produce around 1 billion of kwh per year that actually cost around 60-70 million of $.
This great hole in the ground can be constructed using explosives, it's a great business with the actual cost of electric energy!..
« Last Edit: Aug 24, 2006 07:04 am by Platini Michel »

Aug 27, 2006 12:06 pm

Are you stating that the portable solar oven that is pictured on the link can reach temperatures of 300 C? Thats 572 F.
Now correct me if I am wrong but increasing the size of the portable solar oven by say... a factor of ten, would not increase the temperature by a factor of ten, it would only increase the volume of solar heated space by a factor of ten.
 As well the best way to increase the temperature would be to multiply the number of Sun's by a factor.
 Such things have been done with parabolic mirrors aimed at the Sun but the Sun's reflections all set to a central point which can reach temperatures in excess of 1,000 F.

Here is a web site that you may find interesting while completing your research.
http://www.redrok.com/main.htm

5 Posts
Aug 28, 2006 04:21 am

Hi,
Venus has on the ground the same solar radiation of the earth and its temperature is around 450°C therefore
the high concentration of solar radiation is not necessary because the salt can be liquid initially...
5 million of tonnes of salt only need the heat of 100.000 tonnes of oil for the initial liquefaction!
The important is isolation...

« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2006 04:36 am by Platini Michel »

462 Posts
Aug 28, 2006 11:54 am

Platini, looks like you have some chemistry working for you but you forgot the thermodynamics and physics. Since chemical reactions depend on contact, or surface area interaction, salt may work well on a small scale but a large volume of salt will have a small surface area in comparison, especially if dropped in a large bowl. (eg. A finer grind of sugar will dissolve or react in water faster than a sugar cube due to it's greater surface area.) In both cases, salt and sugar, vigorous mixing is needed to get the larger mass to react.Then, once the surface of the salt gets hot, it will begin lose heat out to it's surroundings and it's heat will begin to move in that direction easier than into the remaining salt, which is also insulatd and cooled by it's earthen surroundings.....
  I could go on and on but you should get the idea. Maybe you should just think about using multiple smaller units together for other types of heating applications.

5 Posts
Aug 28, 2006 02:31 pm

You need attention..one can take this heat where is more convenient...one can cover 10000 m. also...
My opinion is that the superior part is the best because
it's near the heat of the sun...
I think that if one uses metal and water up to this superior part then he takes a lot of heat from the salt
without covering no meter...
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2006 04:46 am by Platini Michel »

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!