Wind and solar in hilo

2 Posts
Jul 27, 2004 05:20 pm
Wind and solar in hilo

Im curently helping my father build a home on hawaii and im hoping to sell him on the Idea of wind and solar power know I dont need a huge wind set up and I dont want a tower blocking the view that he payed for. Im also working with littel space becaus the lot isnt even an acer. I have considered mounting on the roof with the wind and leaving a patch for solar low  near the the ground. What type of wind set up would be best for this. also is it possibull to have a small set up of cheaper mills as aposed to the expensive ones. I only ask because I once saw a stainless stell set up for 99$ I figure I could sand and paint it and it should stand up to the salt.

2 Posts
Jul 29, 2004 06:35 pm
Re: Wind and solar in hilo

Well after the research that ive done I have just 2 ? what brand of wind should I buy for. A the least amount of noise? and b what  can i use to mesure wind speeds in the area that im planing on setting one up in. Im throwing away the idiea of seting up one on my house top but im considering seting some up on my wall also are there coverings that may protect birds from meeting there end in  the mill due to the fact that there are a few indangerded species and I dont want to giv anyone a reason to make me take it down.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!