converting natural gas appliances to propane

2 Posts
May 31, 2004 02:59 am
converting natural gas appliances to propane

ok here is my dilema... im moving into a townhome that does not have natural gas connections and i HATE cooking with electric.

question1:  can i convert a natural gas cooktop to work with propane?

question2:  if this IS possible, what kind of "mileage" could i expect from a typical "camper-size" propane bottle? (typical use being about 20-30 minutes a day...)

the current electric oven is on an island so there is no access to the outside of the building without ripping up the concrete floor. so id need reasonably small containment devices that i could keep somewhere inside a roughly 3x3 foot space.

please tell me if im nuts here...

thanx - wG

8 Posts
May 31, 2004 08:45 am
Re: converting natural gas appliances to propane

Wayne, first of all it is illegal to store bottled gas within a home...the first thing you should do is find out from the local utilities if there is natural gas pipelines anywhere into your complex...if not, and you really want to have gas then you would have to check with your local plg/ gas inspector or department to see if you can get a liquid propane tank installed out side your building..they come in a numbe of sizes...then you would have to have that tank piped inside to your cooktop....the new gas cooktop may come with the conversion kit for lp..(diffent size nozzles) or ask your appliance dealer

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!