The Best Book Ever On Alternative Energy

12 Posts
Nov 15, 2008 06:01 pm
The Best Book Ever On Alternative Energy

Today (11/15/08)Iran asked OPEC to further cut production by another 1.5 million barrels a day.Those still doing the happy dance around the low prices at the pump might not have even heard the news yet. I wish I could sink a huge tank in my back yard and fill it up before the prices go back up again. Our last stimulus package cost 168 BILLION. The money was borrowed from China! It didn't do a thing to improve our economy. We have bailed out and bailed out. Still our economy is going down the tubes at a rapid pace. Not enough credit is being given to the role the record breaking cost of gas played in the downward spiral of our economy and the demise of businesses from the largest corporations on down the line. Families and business have struggled this past year to get buy while being slammed with high fuel costs. The average family broke the budget filling up the car alone. Then to add insult to injury, every consumer product cost us more due to increased production and shipping costs. Food, clothing, everything imaginable now cost more as well. Electric companies were quick to raise prices some as high as 22%. So, we cut back, drive only when we absolutely have to , quit going out to eat. Stop buying new clothes. Sadly the ripple effect is never ending, this results in even more jobs being lost. OPEC responds to our lowered consumption by cutting production and they continue to cut and will do so until they get the price per barrel back up. We need to end our dependence on foreign oil. We have so much available to us in the way of FREE energy sources such as wind and solar. We have modern technologies such as hybrid and electric plug in cars. Why don't we invest in America becoming energy independent. 168 billion would go a LONG way towards getting some of these things set up. We are using oil at the rate of 2x faster than new oil is being discovered. World demand is rising as 3rd world countries become more modernized and populations explode.  Jeff Wilson has a new book out called The Manhattan Project of 2009 Energy Independence NOW. President elect Obama needs to read this book and provide every elected official one. We can't continue to bury our heads in the sand. We have the knowledge, we have the technology, what we seem to lack as a nation is a plan. the book has a web page,you can look at the book there and there are even links to peek inside and read exerpts and reviews. I got my book on mamzon.com All of congress needs to read this book. Our country is in deep financial trouble. We can't take another year like this past yr.

www.themanhattanprojectof2009.com

184 Posts
Nov 17, 2008 02:05 pm
Re: The Best Book Ever On Alternative Energy

"Why don't we invest in America becoming energy independent."

I agree, and I hope things change dramatically when Obama takes charge.  However, I'm not waiting for that. I've installed PV and a bio-fuel heater.  With those things, and reasonable conservation and energy-efficiency upgrades I've already reduced my fossil fuel use by almost 50%.  Can you imagine the economic and environmental impact that would occur if everyone in the U. S. did that?  It would be staggering!  We've got to stop waiting for the politicians to solve our problems.  We have to do it ourselves.   

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!