Xantrex series C60 wiring

1 Posts
Dec 2, 2007 08:20 am
Xantrex series C60 wiring

I,m new here , but have been reading some of the post for a while.

I've built my own wind turbine and have used several charge controller's, I've now purchased the Xantrex C60, after studying the wiring setups for the individual modes it can be used in, I,m now stuck,the handbook explains three different setups, charge control for solar panels, load control, and diversion control, the only setup that is not included is charge control for a windturbine.I've studied it till I've got headache, here's hoping some of you guy's are using the same controller and can help clear this up for me.
From the explanation regarding solar setup I assume that the turbine would be wired in the same way.
Please can someone help me out, as here in blighty(united Kingdom) these controller's are not cheap at just shy of £200 and I'd hate to blow the  thing up on my first attempt of completing the wiring.

cheers in advance
Karl.

Dec 2, 2007 12:59 pm
Re: Xantrex series C60 wiring

First of all I would like to say contact Xantrex with your question. Nobody would know better than those that engineered this product.

I believe the answer you are looking for is on page 20 of the owners manual.
Under the "Operaring Mode Jumper" header.
In parenthesises after "Charge Control."
(PV Charge Controller or Diversion Controller)
The key here bring the words "or Diversion Controller."

Going by deductive reasoning reading skills and not first hand knowledge of using a C60 charge controller with a wind genny as the power source, I would say that the jumper would be set in the PV charge control mode but your wind gennys source circuit would not pass through the C60, instead it would go to the battery. Then a "dump" load circuit form the battery would pass through the C60 to a heater element of some sort as an example.

Now took a look at page 24. It tells of LVR and LVD. It would appear as though you would set the low voltage reconnect (LVR) limit of the C60 higher in order to connect the "dump" load and the low voltage disconnect (LVD) lower in order to disconnect the "dump" load. It sounds upside down I know.
look at the pictures in figure 2-11 on page 24. Notice the differences in the voltages?
Its a shame that they can not just spell it out for the installer who may or may not have deductive reasoning reading skills. I am not even so sure myself, so again contact Xantrex.
As for the low/high settings only you know where to set them because of the potential that you engineered into your wind genny and your regions wind speeds of course.

I would set the equalizing mode to manual. As far as how the positive and negative "land" on the terminals...
Take a look at figure 2-21 at the top of page 39.
This is pretty much self explanatory wouldn't you say?

Please, fogive me if I have "step on the toes" of your ego. Only trying to help. No harm done then? http://www.criticalthinking.com/company/articles/deductive-reasoning-skills.jsp

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!