Nick A's posts

Posted by Nick A on Jan 15, 2008 01:00 pm

#61 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Freetricity.com
Hello Everybody!

This thread has exploded over the last day or so. I'd like to continue to remind everyone to please keep it civil regardless of what other people have said.  No personal attacks and keep to the facts.  Given that this thread seems to have no new info, and we are no longer trying to help someone troubleshoot, I am thinking of closing this thread.  And given the numerous warnings previous, and my request above, I will give no more warnings before I ban people.

On the flip side, I do appreciate that this thread is an outlet to discuss freetricity, and welcome such discussion.  However, I do want to keep it productive and if it ceases to be so, so will this thread.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation,
  -Nick

P.S. Also, no duplicate postings please.  I will be deleting the ones I have found.  If you wish to reference a previous posting, please post a link to it, instead of reposting it.

Posted by Nick A on Jan 4, 2008 03:10 pm

#62 -  AltE > Announcements > The December Renewable Rewards Winner!
  Congratulations to James Schwai on being our December Renewable Rewards winner!  Be sure to check out his gallery of an install he did in Belize and his story. As the December 2007 winner he will be sent a $50 check and our thanks for his participation.  = ) 

Thanks to everyone for participating.  The more you do, the better the chance of winning!  Smiley

Best Wishes,
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Jan 4, 2008 10:42 am

#63 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Freetricity.com
Hello Troy!

I'm sorry to hear that your situation didn't get resolved to your satisfaction.  We certainly do appreciate you coming back and letting us know how things went. 

Best Wishes,
 -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Dec 14, 2007 10:27 am

#64 -  AltE > Announcements > Re: The November Renewable Rewards Winner!
Hello John!

Your presence here has been great!  It is always a huge plus to have people who have experience with RE systems to post about their experiences and help guide others. 

We couldn't agree more in that this is just the beginning of RE, and have a huge desire to try and bring it to "the masses".  It is our mission to empower the world one person at a time by providing renewable energy products, services and education. 

A huge keystone is the education aspect, and we consider a community where people can share experiences and help each other out.  I personally really enjoy reading the forums and seeing this in action.  = )

Thanks to you and all the others who do so and help spread the word of RE/make it easier for others.  Smiley

Thanks!
 -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Dec 12, 2007 03:54 pm

#65 -  AltE > Announcements > The November Renewable Rewards Winner!
 Congratulations to one of our top forum posters, John D on being our November Renewable Rewards winner!  As the November 2007 winner he will be sent a $50 check and our thanks for his participation.  = ) 

Thanks to everyone for participating.  The more you do, the better the chance of winning!  Smiley

Best Wishes,
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Dec 3, 2007 10:32 am

#66 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Freetricity Facts
I only thought that I did Stevie. Obviously I was wrong. Again! 100 amp hours at 12 volts is 1200 watt hours or 1.2 kilowatt hours. Since your customers are able to get 10 kilowatt hours from a battery you must have put a zero-point physics 10-power multiplier into the inverter. It was silly of me to miss that the first time.

Hello John!

My impression is that you are in disbelief at some of the statements made by Steve.  Due to the rather umm..  "heated" tone that this thread has been known to take on, it would be great if you could leave out the antagonistic sentences.  The first sentences on how it looks like be 1.2KWH is certainly a great and valid point. 

Thanks,
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Nov 30, 2007 05:58 pm

#67 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Freetricity Facts
  Steve!  You are killing me!

Perhaps a beginner class in electricity would help you?

I can recommend ITT. They have student loans available and job placement assistance.

*This* is exactly what I was talking about.  I am so torn.  It seems like we are having a productive/useful conversation, where people are learning, and solutions to problems are being found.  Then you resort to insulting someone because you disagree with them.  I really should ban you now, as this completely flies in the face of what I have requested, and on the principle of what I have said, should follow up. 

But the larger issue is that there is someone here that has questions on the system, and you are the person who knows the most about the system here.  So since up until now, things had been productive after my last request, and someone owns the hardware and is having issues, for their sake I will give you one more chance.  If this happens again, I will ban you, regardless of who is effected.

-Nick

P.S. In the case above, you should quote facts and references as to the amps required to make the spark shown. 

Posted by Nick A on Nov 30, 2007 05:46 pm

#68 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Freetricity Facts
  Heya Steve!  = )

Nick ... is the acceptable?

Heh...  There have been a comment here or there that is slightly name calling by John and others.  But IMHO, things have *really* turned around, and you guys have made this into a very useful and informative thread!  I appreciate the restraint people have had, and am enjoying reading/learning!  = )

Thanks!
   -Nick

P.S. So long as we can keep the insults to none, and say that you disagree, and why/give facts, rather than insulting the person, we are all good here.  = )

Posted by Nick A on Nov 30, 2007 01:14 pm

#69 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: One last time
  Hello Again Steve!

Once again, I will have to ask you to stop with the personal attacks on this forum.  I do welcome productive disucssion though.  To help illustrate what I mean..

I see the alternative energy stores master of misinformation is back!! This fool thinks it takes 4000 watts to charge a battery!!!

The majority of this part is not welcome here.  Only the bit where talk about the 4000 watts is productive.  The "master of misinformation" and "fool" bits are not productive to a good conversation.

And FYI my ignorant friend: You cannot put 60 amps into a deep cycle battery at once. Our system charges at a safe and appropriate C/4 charge rate.

Aside from the "ignorant friend" part, this is quite good and encouraged!

Keep in mind folks, this fool has been wrong about everything he has said about us and E2D!

- Ask a fool a question and you'll get a foolish answer. -

And this whole part is unwelcome.  This will be my last request.  Any further attacks will result in your banning.

Thanks for your understanding,
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Nov 28, 2007 02:17 pm

#70 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Discussion
And to Dennis. It's never frivolous when one company attempts to harm another company through a fake public forum and unsubstantiated negative claims .

Hello Again George.

I think you will find that this is a true public forum.  And if you can provide a link the the unsubstantiated claims, it would be quite useful.

Best Wishes,
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Nov 28, 2007 09:46 am

#71 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Freetricity.com

Hello Dennis!

Just to clarify a bit on the lawyer part/clear George, to the best of my knowledge, Alt-E has not been contacted or sued. 

And as we've said in the past, we more than welcome any positive comments that people may have to say about freetricity.

Thanks Dennis!
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Nov 25, 2007 01:11 pm

#72 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Discussion
You don't get to make up stuff or post unsubstantiated harmful claims without repercussions ... and that's where my passion lies.

Ahh. I fear you may have misunderstood my question.  It seems like you have experience with freetricity and from your responses it seems like it is a positive one.  So I was wondering if you had any positive thoughts to share on the product.

Best Wishes,
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Nov 25, 2007 12:15 pm

#73 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Continued Discussion
If it's a true statement (and we both know it's not) he has to produce and prove those numerous conversations.

Actually, I do believe Chris has told the truth.  He is one of our sales reps and talks to many people on a daily basis and has done so for nearly 2 years.  Given the pure number of people that Chris has talked to, I don't find it unlikely that he has talked to someone who has experience with the system he mentioned.

Is it your contention that that Freetricity customers called Chris?

See above.

What are their names?

On what dates did these numerous conversations take place?

Well, a couple of issues here.  We don't keep a log of every phone conversation, let alone one where we index it by topics discussed.  So don't have that information.  However, in order to protect the privacy of our customers, we would not reveal such info, esp in a public forum.

You seem quite passionate about freetricity.  Do you have any experiences you wish to share?

Best Wishes,
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Nov 25, 2007 11:33 am

#74 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Discussion
  Hello Again George!

1) When challenged to provide proof of that statement by the Freetricity rep he could not produce proof!

I am uncertain what proof one could provide when talking about a conversation? 

2) At the time of that post there were zero negative comments in this "so called" public forum about Freetricity.

I believe that this indeed a pubic forum by the fact that it is publicly available.

Best Wishes,
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Nov 24, 2007 09:04 pm

#75 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Spirited Discussion
"* The originator of the thread "Sue" is not an employee of the Alternative Energy Store"

But, what positional url link and how did she come by that link in order to post a response to your forum ...

Hello George!

I fear I am probably not completely understanding your question?  I will try to respond as best I can, but please feel free to correct.

I don't believe that she is posting a reply to another post, but rather posting the email she sent in to freetricity.  I believe she is posting on this forum to help inform others of her experience with the company.  As to how she found this site, I am sure there are several search that will lead you here, including "alternative energy forum".  How exactly she came here, I do not know. = )

I hope that helps!
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Nov 23, 2007 09:33 pm

#76 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Alternative Energy Store

Hello again George!  I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.  = )

Read James response, he knows what I am referring to.

The original statement "want a good laugh ..." was not only a negative attack aimed at eliciting a negative response but was also submitted in a very dubious way.

I have searched the forum for 'laugh' but was unable to find a post from James.  If you have found said post, if you could either give me a URL or directions on how to find, it would be most helpful in me getting a handle on the issue. = )

That original discussion (started by your employee) has made it's way into the www by its google/yahoo positioning to the determent of Freetricity.

Are you talking about this thread?  If so, it wasn't started by any of our employees.  If another thread, either a URL or directions on how to find would be most helpful.  Smiley

Thanks George!
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Nov 23, 2007 03:46 pm

#77 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Spirited Discussion
  Hello again George!

The very first post (among others) regarding Freetricity (on your forum) is no longer on this particular thread but is the one that started this entire discussion and its obvious web/goggle/yahoo positioning.

Who first stated "for a good laugh check out Freetricity"?

In an effort to see which posts you were talking about I did a google search on "freetricity", and came up with this thread.  So if are talking about another thread, please let me know.  But if this is the one in question, here is what I have found.

* The originator of the thread "Sue" is not an employee of the Alternative Energy Store

* Re: it's google position was not intentional on our part.  But I believe is rather due to "freetricity" being an unusual word, and this thread being one of the few fresh sources of information.  (And by fresh, I mean continually added to as these replies do = )

* Couldn't find the "laugh" comment, so if you could point me to it, we can perhaps better address then.

Best Wishes!
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Nov 23, 2007 03:34 pm

#78 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Alternative Energy Store Scam

Hello George!

I'm the guy in charge our our website and hopefully can shed some light on these issues.

These are the facts you decide:

1) The alternative energy store has its employees "under the guise of a public forum" smear competitors products!

What kind of business does this? Is this the kind of company behavior/practice that you want to do business with?

I fear I am a bit confused by your post.  Are you implying that our posts here are not as official representatives/pretending to be other folks?  If so, our employees only post here under their accounts and as representatives of the company, not pretending to be otherwise.  If you have any posts in question that you believe aren't so, please let me know, and I can dig into to find out.  = )

2) They also sell a known fraudulent product. The Air X wind generators "do not" preform as advertised. Not any where near!

I fear I am not knowledgeable enough on the RE side to address the technical side question, but if you have an order or specific issue, please let me know and we can certainly look into!

I hope this has been helpful!  Smiley 

Best Wishes,
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Nov 2, 2007 02:35 pm

#79 -  AltE > Announcements > The October Renewable Rewards Winner!
 Congratulations to Nancy Fullard on being our October Renewable Rewards winner!  As the October 2007 winner she will be sent a $50 check and our thanks for her participation.  = ) 

Best Wishes,
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Oct 9, 2007 10:23 am

#80 -  AltE > Announcements > The September Renewable Rewards Winner & Oct Double Review Points !
  Congratulations to J. Chris Cloud on being our September Renewable Rewards winner!  As the September 2007 winner he will be sent a $50 check and our thanks for his participation.  = ) 

Best Wishes,
   -Nick

P.S. Improve your chances of winning with double points this month for each review written in Oct!

Posted by Nick A on Sep 30, 2007 10:08 pm

#81 -  AltE > Discussion > Re: Does this site hate the Firefox browser?
Hello Jason!

Actually, we do most of our development in the Firefox browser, Smiley  so I'm confused as to why you got that page/error.  Was it reproducable on your end? 

Thanks for taking the time to let us know!
  -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Sep 25, 2007 01:27 pm

#82 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Freetricity.com

Hello Everybody!

I just wanted to clarify a quick issue here:

The Alternative Energy Stores BBB page shows there are product quality questions.

We don't actually manufacturer any products ourselves.

Best Wishes,
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Sep 19, 2007 12:53 am

#83 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Revolutionary "SeaBird" Small Low Wind Speed Wind Turbine
Thanks for the participation for all that have contributed to this this.  But due to this thread having run it course, it is now locked.

-Nick

Posted by Nick A on Sep 18, 2007 06:15 pm

#84 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Revolutionary "SeaBird" Small Low Wind Speed Wind Turbine

It seems like things have gotten a little out of hand here.  Since James asked people to keep it civil we have had some good responses, but also some inappropriate ones as well.

Steve Rays, If you could keep the personal attacks out of your postings, it would be most appreciated.  Comments like:

Given your immature and ignorant rhetoric I doubt mine would the first or last you kiss!

and the trailing genius in

Read the bottom of page 5 genius!

is not productive.  We encourage and welcome discussion on these forums, but name calling, etc.. is not welcome.

Thanks to those who have kept the discourse civil,
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Sep 14, 2007 04:44 pm

#85 -  AltE > Announcements > The August Renewable Rewards Winner!
 Congratulations to Craig Flanders on being our August Renewable Rewards winner!  As the August 2007 winner he will be sent a $50 check and our thanks for his participation.  = ) 

Best Wishes,
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Aug 13, 2007 05:15 pm

#86 -  AltE > Announcements > The July Renewable Rewards Winner!
 Congratulations to Thomas Skelton on being our July Renewable Rewards winner!  As the July 2007 winner he will be sent a $50 check and our thanks for his participation.  = ) 

Best Wishes,
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Jul 6, 2007 10:59 am

#87 -  AltE > Announcements > The June Renewable Rewards Winner!
  Congratulations to John Bodden on being our June Renewable Rewards winner!  As the June 2007 winner he will be sent a $50 check and our thanks for his participation.  = )  John really stacked the odds in his favor my nearly doing the full gamut, having written reviews, forum posts and creating his own gallery!

Best Wishes,
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Jun 28, 2007 11:15 pm

#88 -  AltE > Announcements > New Forum!

Hello!

I just wanted to let everyone know that we've opened up a new forum dedicated to discussing Rebate Programs and Net Metering regulations.  We welcome any and all thoughts on the subject and hope you find it useful!

Best Wishes,
   -Nick

Posted by Nick A on Jun 5, 2007 03:07 pm

#89 -  AltE > Announcements > The May Renewable Rewards Winner!
  Congratulations to Steven Silva on being our May Renewable Rewards winner!  As the May 2007 winner he will be sent a $50 check and our thanks for his participation.  = )

Best Wishes,
   -Nick

P.S. For every product review written in June, earn double points!  (That's 200 points for every review!)

Posted by Nick A on May 15, 2007 04:07 pm

#90 -  AltE > Announcements > The Apr Renewable Rewards Winner!
  Congratulations to Bates Abbott on being our April Renewable Rewards winner!  As the April 2007 winner he will be sent a $50 check and our thanks for his participation.  = )

Best Wishes,
   -Nick

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!