Please Note: Photo below shows OPTIONAL meter.
Includes Remote Temperature Sensor.
TriStar MPPT Charge Controllers
Morningstar TriStar MPPT solar controller with TrakStar Technology™ is an advanced maximum power point
tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 3kW. The controller provides the
industry’s highest peak efficiency of 99% and significantly less power loss compared to other MPPT controllers.
The TS MPPT 60 features a smart tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV by rapidly
finding the solar array peak power point with extremely fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve. This product is the
first PV controller to include on-board Ethernet for a fully web-enabled interface and includes up to 200 days of
|Maximum Battery Current
|Nominal Maximum Solar Input
|Nominal System Voltage
||12, 24, 36 or 48 volts DC
|Maximum Solar Open Circuit Voltage
||150 volts DC
Five Year Warranty, see Product Documentation section above for details.
- Maximizes Energy Harvest - TrakStar MPPT Technology features:
- Better peak power point tracking than other MPPT controllers
- Very fast sweeping of the entire I-V curve
- Recognition of multiple power points during shading or mixed PV arrays
- Excellent performance at sunrise and low solar insolation levels
Extremely High Reliability
- Robust thermal design and no cooling fans
- Parallel circuit design provides less stress and longer
life for electronic components
- No mechanical relays
- Extensive electronic protections including PV short
- Epoxy encapsulated inductors and conformally
coated printed circuit boards
- Very High Efficiency Peak efficiency of 99%
- Proprietary tracking algorithm minimizes
- Low self-consumption
- Continuous operation at full power to 45°C
without need to de-rate
- Selected electronic devices with higher ratings to
minimize losses from heating
- Extensive Networking and
- Enables system monitoring, data logging and adjustability.
Uses open standard MODBUS™ protocol and Morningstar’s
MS View software.
- Meterbus: communications between compatible
- Serial RS-232: connection to a personal computer
- EIA-485: communications between multiple devices
on a bus
- Ethernet: fully web-enabled interface to a local
network or internet; view from a web browser or
send email/text messages.
- Metering and Data Logging
- Optional TriStar meter and remote meter provides detailed operating data, alarms and faults
- Three LED’s display system status
- Up to 200 days of data logging via meters or communications ports
- Charging algorithm 4-stage
- Charging stages Bulk, Absorption, Float, Equalize
- Temperature Compensation
- Coefficient –5mV/°C/cell (25° ref)
- Range –30°C to +80°C
- Set points Absorption, Float, Equalize, HVD
- Note: Remote Temperature Sensor is included.
My MPPT Morningstar with Meter
My MPPT Morningstar with Meter 60 amp I will put it up against any other MPPT Solar charge Controller I have owned 2 ! I rate it a 10 One word Decribes this MPPT Is Awesome I have three 135 watt Kyocera PV solar panels & I'm putting out 30 amps easy
Read the full review
View all reviews (1)
Do you own this product? Write a review