RE General Discussion

Feel free to talk about anything and everything about renewable energy in this board. From reasons for using alternative energy to general questions on types of systems are right for your needs.

topics

Subject Started by Replies

New to AE, need some advise

Hi Everyone:Thanks to Hurricane Ivan, my home is now without electricity (I was lucky: most people lost their roofs, if not thei...
Brian Steele 1

Help! Rebuilding Abandoned Church off grid

Help!I really know nothing about alternative energy and I like to make use alternative energy on the project I am working on. Bu...
Neil Carrick 2

Sun Mar composting toilets

I am considering a Sun Mar compact or Excel composting toilet for a grid connected house. I have read that the fans are really n...
Pari Morse 0

looking to by frig

any buddy have any opinion about best kind of propane frig to buy?  we live in Stahlstown pa. the only ones with solar and ...
joy monticue 0

negative comments on exeltech

im looking at purchasing a mx series invertor.i have had bad products from other companies.i was wondering if anyone had any bad...
will btvs 0

Gas range question

I am seeking information on the Premier Pro�Series 30" Model P30S340BP freestanding gas range.  I'm thinking about purchasi...
Chris Keleher 1

New Construction Project

My wife and I are building a house and want it to be completely self-reliant.  We are thinking of windmill and solar panel ...
Larry Amos 20

solar-panel for laptops

i am interested in purcahsing a panel to power my i-book.  can anyone recommend a brand and model?  thanks,jamein
Jamien Shields 1

need links for inexpensive home kits

A man I know who owns the land adjacent to mine has just retired and is going to build a simple home to live in for the rest of ...
Mary Mc Donald 2

Lakota Wind Turbine

My wife and I were unjustly disconnected from Dominion VA Power company 3 days ago, after paying our bills. We are now in the pr...
Ian Michaels 2

Books

Anyone know where i can get some decent books on Alt-E from a practical/technical perspective? I'm an electronic engineering stu...
simon Hill 6

solar electric fencing??

Hi...I've recently opened an "earth friendly" garden center in Northern Wisconsin and I intend to use a solar electric fencing s...
Lynnann Thomas 3

Wind and solar in hilo

Im curently helping my father build a home on hawaii and im hoping to sell him on the Idea of wind and solar power know I dont n...
bob barker 1

thinking about the wind

I live in southern Michigan on a 200 acre farm.  My electric bill says I use around 170 kwh per month.  Can I produce ...
Lucinda Milligan 1

composting toilet

Hello everyone,  I have a question.  My family and I are planning on moving into an RV in the next couple years, and I...
Mel anderson 1

Heat Storage

LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-03 AT 10:21 AM (EST)LAST EDITED ON Sep-24-03 AT 10:20 AM (EST)Does anyone have ideas on how to store ...
Daniel Jakubowski 1

The law and electricity

Speaking with someone the other day the subject came up that I live off grid. Off grid? he inquired. I simplfied this too not ha...
Thomas Allen Schmidt 3

hydroelectric power system

With all the information and various equipment available for small hydro electric generation- surely someone has installed it in...
Charles Coffing 1

Am I really being Net Metered?

Perhaps I'm just being paranoid, but how do I know that the power I am sending back through my utility meter is actually offsett...
Chris_H 1

Photovoltaic cells

I would like to know where i could get some information on photovoltaic energy.  I would like to know some history, cost, h...
Shellly smith 0

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!