William Wurtz's posts

Posted by William Wurtz on Mar 3, 2008 07:44 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: Renewable City Generation
John,
Thank you for responding.  I have 2kw of solar panels on the roof but I have run out of space.  I didn't know that inverters were so specifically made for the solar function.  Can you give me any ideas as to how I can put together the wind and hydro with such low voltage?  Thanks William

Posted by William Wurtz on Feb 26, 2008 12:54 pm

#2 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Renewable City Generation
Do you think that in the future there might be ways devised to use low power production with a grid tied system for us city folks? We have wind on our roofs and rain in our gutters yet not enough power to invert, and not interested in batteries.  Is the issue purely electrical or is the demand for this type of product too small?

Thanks

William

Posted by William Wurtz on Feb 23, 2008 04:19 pm

#3 -  AltE > Discussion > I want to be like James!
I have just posted three times.  I am becoming an addict.

Thanks

William

Posted by William Wurtz on Feb 23, 2008 04:08 pm

#4 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > On Grid Hydro & Wind
The solar panels we put on our house in Washington DC last summer have transformed me into a power producer.  I have been looking into using my flat roof for a hydro and wind generator as well.  I just posted in the technical section but I have noticed that there are not too many posts from city people.  I have learned in my research that light energy is better converted to electricity, more so than something turning a wheel IE. a wind vane, or hydro and that inverters may need a base level of power before they operate efficiently.  I am open to suggestions about my project and would appreciate any help offered.

Thanks

William

Posted by William Wurtz on Feb 23, 2008 03:50 pm

#5 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Inverter for low Vdc
I just read the post by Paul Latina about grid tied low power devices and the response by Chris Brown gave a listing of supplies in a prepackaged system.  I did not see an inverter listed there.  Was there one, and if so how do I do it?

Thanks

William

Posted by William Wurtz on Feb 23, 2008 03:36 pm

#6 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Minimum watts to grid tie?
Paul, it was good to read your question.  I would like to add on a micro hydro system for the downspout from my 850 square foot roof and tie it to a micro turbine on the roof.  I already have a 2kw grid tied solar system on the roof and have learned by reading here that I should leave that inverter alone.  I understand that the micro hydro will produce only a few watts and that the wind turbine will produce only a few more but having the solar panels and seeing the power generating possibilities excites me even if it is not cost effective.  It would feel great to lie in bed at night during a rain and wind storm while the solar panels are sleeping and know I was generating electricity.  I do not understand all the math but it does seem that inverters need 150 vdc to operate so how can I grid tie with so little voltage.  The reply from Chris Brown confused me because I could not find an inverter in the parts list he sent you.

Thanks
William

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!