William Summers's posts

Posted by William Summers on Nov 26, 2007 11:35 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Diversion Loads/Dump Loads
Okay, So if I am in understanding, every source of green energy requires its own charge controller and there is not any one that can handle multiple inputs. Any kinetic energy source needs either a braking controller or a method of circumventing excess energy. Still contemplating where excess energy from solar panels goes. Is there an automatic diversion switch that will charge alternate battery bank in leau of dumping (dump as last resort)? I have a plephora of batteries. Thanx to all! 

Posted by William Summers on Nov 19, 2007 09:36 pm

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Freetricity.com
Kenneth, You may find this site interesting. It is about vertical axis wind generators that look to have numerous advantages over horizontal axis models. I am giving them serious consideration as there are a couple of low cut-in models. Jay Leno is going to install a 10KW model at his garage/shop. www.pacwind.net

Posted by William Summers on Nov 19, 2007 08:21 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Diversion Loads/Dump Loads
I am an electro-mechanical technician by profession for almost three decades now, so don't really consider myself 'In the Dark' about theory of green energy, but of all the sites I have researched I have not found any that offer technical explanation of hybrid systems that incorporate wind, solar and hydro sources. Specifically, I would like more enlightenment on charge controllers that can accept various power inputs and about diversion loads/dump loads that i see as optional. Why is the latter optional and could they also be implemented with solar water heaters since they appear to be heater elements. Controlled by thermostat or charge controller? Looking for informative sites for A-Z instructions on building off-grid system I can add onto.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!