Tom Van Arsdale's posts

Posted by Tom Van Arsdale on Sep 25, 2006 02:45 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Power source at remote, high elevation, cold location.
Not to go to the well too many times, but I am told there is 20 feet of head and 50 gpm available at this 11,650 feet location to use for power generation. The heating tape is 120 volts and 3 amps. The web page states the stream engine and LH1000 are battery-based, but the permanent magnet alternator can be set to the electrical load. I do not know what battery to use, but will this cold environment necessitate insultating the battery.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Posted by Tom Van Arsdale on Sep 25, 2006 10:03 am

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Remote power supply needed to power heat tape.
I thank you for the reply. The situation is a bit convoluted, and I should have been more specific, but I certainly appreciate your reply.

Posted by Tom Van Arsdale on Sep 25, 2006 10:01 am

#3 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Remote power supply needed to power heat tape.
As with a previous reply, I thank you very much. I will pursue this option, and that is what's great about the various technologies...there are options to explore.

Posted by Tom Van Arsdale on Sep 25, 2006 09:58 am

#4 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Remote power supply needed to power heat tape.
Thank you very much. Your comments were extremely helpful.

Posted by Tom Van Arsdale on Sep 22, 2006 12:49 pm

#5 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Remote power supply needed to power heat tape.
At 11,650 feet, I have a need to keep a two feet section of pipe with standing water from freezing. I may have this wrong, but it looks like heat tape runs on 120V and to power this will take numerous solar electric panels. Besides, I am not certain what is needed between the solar panels and the heat tape. Is that where the Power Panels come in?

Thanks for any and all help/advise.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!