Tom Mathis's posts

Posted by Tom Mathis on May 3, 2012 10:17 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Solar Electric System - Photovoltaic > Re: Should I Even try to DIY a PV Solar install?
This is great information and very helpful...  Thanks,

Tom

Posted by Tom Mathis on Apr 30, 2012 12:35 pm

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Solar Electric System - Photovoltaic > Re: Should I Even try to DIY a PV Solar install?
Thanks very much, Tom.  I was hoping for this answer.  Most of what I've read makes it seem fairly simple but the devil is in the details!

Tom

Posted by Tom Mathis on Apr 28, 2012 09:59 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Solar Electric System - Photovoltaic > Should I Even try to DIY a PV Solar install?
I've got a 1500 sqft cabin that sits way off the main road.  The power company wants almost $15,000 to run their cable to the site so I'm think about just taking the plunge and going off-grid solar.   The cost of the compenents seems reasonable but the install is a killer.   Is it naive to think I could install a 3kw PV solar system by myself? 

I have an electrical engineering background but am not a licensed electrician or anything like that...

Thanks!

Tom

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!