Ray Grose's posts

Posted by Ray Grose on Oct 8, 2010 07:55 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Solar Electric System - Photovoltaic > solar panel output
I’m a little puzzled on this.
Kyocera solar panels
KC 40T is rated at 43 watts. Now you take into consideration the rated power tolerance of plus 15% and minus 5%. Its going to be a rare day that someone gets the +15%. Does the +15 % get added to the 43 watts or is that factored in already? Does the 43 watts turn into 47 or 48 watts?

KC 40 watt and the KC 50 watt rated power tolerance of +15% and -5%

plus 10% and minus 5% on the KC 65 watt to KC 200 watt

the KD 135 watt rated power tolerance is plus 5% and minus 5%

In my way of thinking the plus side of the tolerance adds to
the power rating. Am I somewhat correct?
Thank you

Posted by Ray Grose on Apr 16, 2010 09:13 pm

#2 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: specific gravity hydrometers
Thank You for the reply. I will definitely look into the battery monitor Tm2020. I see they have two shunts that can be used with them. I agree with your thinking on the hydrometer. I perfer not to make a mess with the battery acid also.
On the Surette 530's what is the 20 amp/hr rating those batteries?
Thanks again, Ray

Posted by Ray Grose on Apr 8, 2010 09:20 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > specific gravity hydrometers
I am seeking opinions and advise on SG hydrometers.
Are the digital ones better than the glass ones? What makes and models are the better/best ones. I'm looking for quality for the money. Is there a special hydrometer for each battery brand? I have eight Trojan L16h-AC batteries that I'm working with. any and all replies will be appreciated.
Thank You
Ray

Posted by Ray Grose on Nov 19, 2009 08:13 pm

#4 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: Replacement Blades for Airx
my opinion/thoughts.
I have had my air x up since sep 2008. It works fine for me. I wouldn't change it. I have seen on web sites longer blades. Wider blades. Supposedly heavy duty blades. I was Really tempted but thought long and hard. decided not to.
different blades could over speed the air x. put things out of balance. cause noise. cause damage. void the warranty. my opinion, dont change, stay with what belongs
Ray

Posted by Ray Grose on Nov 14, 2009 08:28 pm

#5 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Ground question
I have my wind turbine thru circuit breaker, meter then straight to the bats. I have the charge controller output thru a fuse to the bats. I have the inverter wired thru a fuse to the bats. All three items connected to the same pos
battery post. All three items connected to the same neg battery post. My system has been doing fine for over a year now. Hope this helps

Posted by Ray Grose on Nov 14, 2009 10:56 am

#6 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: trojan batteries
mixture of panels

When I first started, I ran the all solar panel wires straight into the charge controller. when i got the last panel things got sloppy. wires coming and going, not very pretty. I went to Lowes/Home Depot and got two 9 slot bus bars and screwed mounted them on a 9x11 peice of wood. nailed the peice of wood to the wall. I used tie wraps on the wires to make things neater. Inline fuse holders are from Auto Zone. I'm using the old glass type automotive fuses.
I want to go to a junk yard and get a fuse box from a old car. Try to elimanate the inline fuses.
sorry no pics. I have seen the bus bar boxes on the internet. I cant afford them. money is tight.

Posted by Ray Grose on Nov 14, 2009 10:04 am

#7 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: trojan batteries
I have the air-x about twenty feet off the ground. About 40 feet of wire into a automotive 40 amp circuit breaker I got at Auto Zone. then a southwest 30 amp dc meter I got at Altestore. then to the pos terminal of number one battery. black wire going to number six battery. I have no problems with the Air-x or the solar panels. they dont affect each other. I have had both (air-x and panels)charging the batteries at the same time. On those days I couldn't stop smiling. Follow the owners manual / instructions closely, things should be fine.

Posted by Ray Grose on Nov 13, 2009 07:55 pm

#8 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: trojan batteries
Mike,
I have the panels wired seperately. Inline fuse for each one. pos wires going into one pos bus bar and neg wires going one neg bus bar. 8ga wire going from the bus bars to the controller.
When I got the L16h-ac 435 batteries is was told that the L16h 420s were no longer availible. that is why the two different sizes. thanks for the reply
Ray

Posted by Ray Grose on Nov 13, 2009 05:11 pm

#9 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > trojan batteries
I started with two L16h 420 ah trojan batteries. they were used for lights, small radio, small computer. About seven months later I add four L16h-ac 435 ah trojan batteries.
I connected them (by the book) and I figure I have About 1260 amp/hr total. I have had no problems with the batteries. The batteries are in a row. I have the 420's closest to the inverter and the C60 controller. Should I move them (420's) to the middle? Make them the middle pair?
I have read the fourms and see that is NOT good to mix battery sizes. Are these battery sizes to far apart?
Will the 420's drag down the 435's. They all charge very good. When I added the distiled water they all took the same amount. Not much.
I have two kyocera 40 watt, one kyocera 85 watt, one kyocera 130 watt solar panels. one Air-X 400 watt wind turbine. Xantrex prosine 1800 inverter and xantrex C60
controller. I'm seeking opinions, advise.
Thanks
Ray

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!