Lj Gwen's posts

Posted by Lj Gwen on Dec 28, 2011 07:32 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Solar Electric System - Photovoltaic > Re: Should I use a mppt500 or mppt500hv ?
Thanks for the reply..... I guess what I meant by maximimize charge
to the batteries, was best controller to stay up with loads on batteries.
I assumed there was a different programming between the two
mppt500 and mppt500HV controllers. I bought the controller from
an ex dealer and he emailed me and asked which I wanted, the std
or the hv.  I read the specs on your site which showed the mppt500
had a max input of 100 volts, but on another site the mppt500hv
said "Model MPPT 500HV operating efficiency has been optimized
    for 48v nominal PV Input voltage."
My panels say 20volt nominal voltage each.  Do you think I should series them and go to the HV that is optimized to 48v or just stay with the standard MPPT 500 and series the panels?  We will not
have the panels in lower than 32 degrees F.

I am not commiting you to this... just want your experienced opinion.....

Thank You
LJ

Posted by Lj Gwen on Dec 28, 2011 04:52 pm

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Solar Electric System - Photovoltaic > Anyone know about mppt500 controllers?
Posted a lot of info.  about my system.  Just need help selecting controller.

Thanks
LJ

Posted by Lj Gwen on Dec 26, 2011 10:35 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Solar Electric System - Photovoltaic > Should I use a mppt500 or mppt500hv ?
I am building a small off grid system using two 230 watt panels.
They are 34 volts open 8 amps each, BP 3230T. I can wire them
In parallel or series.  The battery bank is (4) Trojan T105 series-parallel
For 12 Volts.  My inverter is 3000 watt Heart.  Will use for TV, small
electronics, lights, and other items as used in a weekend cabin.  The panels are Pmax 29.1V,  Current @Pmax 7.9A,  VOC 36.7V, Nominal is 20V.    I have      access to either of the following controllers.  MPPT500 or MPPT500HV.

Should I use a BZ MPPT500 or the HV version,  to maximize wattage to

storage
batteries?  Series or parallel the panels?  25 ft run to panels.

Thanks

LJ

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!