Mixing panels in series

16 Posts
May 22, 2012 12:05 am
Mixing panels in series

I know that in a series circuit that the curent throught the circuit will always be the same through through all connected panels. What happens in the case of putting the following panels in series, what will the output current be?

Panel #1 100W
Vmp 35 v
Imp 3A

Panel #2 200W
Vmp 35v
Imp 6A

I know the output voltage would be 70 V. But what would the output current be?

How would a grid tied inverter handle determining the Max Power Point.

Thanks for your response

12 Posts
Jun 25, 2012 07:40 pm
Re: Mixing panels in series

Based on my past measurements, you'll be limited to the current produced by the panel that is producing the least amount of current. In your case, it's probably the 3A panel, but it would also vary if one of them is in shade.

From what I've read, MPPT charge controllers require identical panels to work efficiently.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!