Battery AH Confusion

18 Posts
Jul 2, 2007 10:40 am
Battery AH Confusion

Quick question that have been wondering about,

I have a 12V battery, but I forgot the exact specs of the battery that was given when I bought it. My question is, how many AH's are there when the battery gives a 23 Amp average for 150 minutes? Am I correct in saying there are  57.5 AH's available?

Thanks for answering my little question.

Ian

351 Posts
Jul 2, 2007 12:10 pm
Re: Battery AH Confusion

You are correct in saying that you used 57.5AH.

If your battery is drained at the end of the 150 minutes, you would have a battery capable of 57.5 AH at a C2.5 rate. It's capacity at a C20 rate would be much higher. (The published AH rating for most batteries are at a C20 rate, although some MFG use the C100 rate so that they claim a higher rating.)

My guess is that your battery has a much higher AH rating. Cycling a battery at a C2.5 rate would result in a very short life of the battery. If you know the make and model of your battery, the specs are easily found. Dimensions can often be used when a model is not known.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!