George Lo's posts

Posted by George Lo on Jan 29, 2007 02:27 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: hydro-powered turbine
I see what you mean, can you show me how you calculated that to get those numbers?

Posted by George Lo on Jan 29, 2007 02:17 am

#2 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: hydro-powered turbine
I don't see how it'll be a terrible waste of money. I mean a PMA is going to cost around $200, the impleller is $100, I already have a pump (20FT head/120 GPH). The pump uses 18w of power so anything generated after that is free power.

I could easily build one of these things (that retails close to 2 grand by the way) from home depot:

Posted by George Lo on Jan 28, 2007 09:21 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > hydro-powered turbine
I saw this pic and thought if I could built a small scale hydro-power turbine to experiment with.

I basically want to buy a PMA (permanent magnet alternator), connect a pelton turbine (pic below) and use a pump to drive it in a closed looped system.

The power this will make depends upon what kind of pump I have on this, right? Has anyone does something like this bfore. Having this run all day, everyday will generate a good amount of power with the right parts (that's where I need some help). Can you guys recommend some good parts to build something like. I would eventually like for this to generate enough power to run my computer and offset the pump power.

By the way, this is my first time with things like this.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!