Debra Hurley's posts

Posted by Debra Hurley on Sep 3, 2006 01:37 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: Finanching off the grid
HI Ben,
I am in open range outside Rio Rancho. I love the earthships but I am doing a standard house but using the graywater, and will be off the grid. Health prevents the labor of an earthship. The problem lies in being only  7 miles out of Rio but in open range. So a few miles too near a large city to be classified as rural.PNM wants $40,000.00 to run electric to us. So since husband retired from electrial plant we can easily put in and run solar and wind.
Take care
Debra

Posted by Debra Hurley on Sep 1, 2006 10:23 pm

#2 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: Finanching off the grid
Thank you Don for your reply. I will be contacting you to see about funding.
Debra

Posted by Debra Hurley on Jul 20, 2006 03:36 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: Finanching off the grid
Thank you James,
I should appologize to Mr.  Schmidt for not thanking him for his post, but this financing is really getting under my skin.
Wonderful, information we are from Louisiana and it just makes since to make friends with the winds and wonderful sun light.
Thank you for your time.

Posted by Debra Hurley on Jul 20, 2006 02:52 pm

#4 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: Finanching off the grid
My husband was the one that "Frost Mortgage in Albuquerque",told and he said I misquoted."The electrical system will be too complicated for the average American to handle, therefore we would not be able to put the house on the market if need."
Since then I talked to a good bank in Taos,Centinel Bank Of Taos, they would be happy to do help. Then the but I live in Sandoval county, and they are too small to reach out past Taos county.
All the other banks and mortgage company's either say they just can't do solar/wind with that being the bottom line or one with Quality Wholesale Homes said,"They couldn't because we wouldn't have continuous electricity."...LOL......
The question you had on to near a town. WE need to be 8 miles from a town of 2500 to fit into the slot for rural housing loans, some require that you are 8 miles from town. WE are just under 7 in real open range, nearest neighbors are King Ranch cows. Nearest house if four miles. For the other rural housing loans the nearest city can't be over 2500 and Rio Rancho is 51765.
I am going to check the web sight.
I did find one that is looking at my problems(didn't think I had any) but the restrictions there are we have to have a stick built house...I really would laugh but it is not funny.
Oh, yes forgot one bank said," No problem but I would have to include the $40,000. that PNM wants to hook me up to their power.

Posted by Debra Hurley on Jul 19, 2006 02:38 pm

#5 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Finanching off the grid
Hello,
I an in New Mexico, looking to finance my home but can't because I am out in open range and off the grid. We want to use wind and solar power but everytime we go to finance the house we are told no because the house will be too complicated for the normal American??
Anyone know how to finance off the grid, tried rural but we are two miles to close to a town.
Thanks for your time,
Debra

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!