Bert Van Hoye's posts

Posted by Bert Van Hoye on Sep 2, 2010 08:42 am

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: blade dimensions for a wincharger 1222
Hello Ian,

In case you'd like to carve the blade of your Wincharger yourself: i have got blade dimensions and description of the different sections for a blade with diameter of 1,50m, width of 91 mm and thickness at the root of 22 mm. I don't know if these correspond exactly to the dimensions of the blade that you have got on your machine. Apparently, the blade should run at 1100 rpm and should produce 150 Watts@9,3 m/s. If you are interested,let me know how i can pass them on to you. (got them in digital form).
Maybe you can leave me your e-mail address.
Enjoy,
Bert

Posted by Bert Van Hoye on Aug 7, 2010 09:36 am

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: blade dimensions for a wincharger 1222
Hello Ian,
Still searching myself for suitable info.
I have asked for info at the Dutch publisher "Kluwer" who, long time ago (1941), published the booklet "Windgeneratoren" from a certain Mr "Wartena". Therein ought to be a description of the Wincharger propellor.
so far, no reply yet .
I'll keep you posted!
Enjoy, Bert

Posted by Bert Van Hoye on Mar 27, 2009 02:19 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: blade dimensions for a wincharger 1222
Hi Dave,

Many thanks for your "searchwork": the puzzle is slowly coming complete. The prop who is on sale on e-bay looks like the one i broke in pieces but sending this item to Belgium would be very expensive. Your suggestion to put the pieces of the prop together is interesting. The John Albers plans can help also; it must be possible to recreate the profile somewhat. I also try to get in touch with the Dutch guy with his manual who possibly has something interesting for me.
Enjoy life and many greetings, Bert

Posted by Bert Van Hoye on Mar 25, 2009 06:17 am

#4 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: blade dimensions for a wincharger 1222
With thanks to Jon for his answer. Unfortunately, as i am living in Europe Belgium it's quite hard to get this stuff from Applied Magnets over here. On top of that this Wincharger is some kind of an "oldtimer" , the one that was delivered with the famous "Zenith" farm radio's in the 1930's . See also  <http://www.wincharger.com/brochures/winco2p4-lr.jpg>
And i would like to keep my Wincharger as original as possible.
So i am looking for the original plans of that wooden prop and to carve it myself, must be fun.
Yours,
Bert

Posted by Bert Van Hoye on Mar 23, 2009 05:15 pm

#5 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > blade dimensions for a wincharger 1222
Hello,

I have an old 12V/200W Wincharger (1222 model) with 2 blades made out of one piece of wood (diameter being 72"). A stormy weather however destroyed my blades and now i am in a desperate need for the plans (templates at different stations)of those blades. Could anyone provide me those plans. Willing to pay any costs.
Kind regards,

Bert

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!