Benjamin S's posts

Posted by Benjamin S on Oct 20, 2008 03:25 am

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > how to set up a battery based PV system with GRID BACKUP
Yes, you read that right. I live in Hawaii, where the utility rates are .$.40-$.50/kWh. I want to design a system that relies on batteries, but backs up with the grid (instead of a generator) I'm hoping that a good outback GTFX can be programmed to do this(and that it will be easy?)...but it's not a typical application, and to boot, I have no experience.

There are a number of reasons I want to do this; (1) I'm not confident in the long term viability of the grid, and (2) we can no longer net meter here, so if I grid-tie, I have to buy at $.40-$.50 and sell at $.20-$.30. (3) I run a B&B out of my home so I can't go completely off-grid yet (people bring hair dryers) and a generator would be too loud.

I just picked up a used PV system - (20) 24v BP panels, but it came with a sunny boy grid tie (swr2500U, wanna buy it?)

One more thing...I may add a wind turbine in a year or two.

Am I crazy? Beyond help? What should I read first? Thanks for any and all help

Aloha from Kauai

Posted by Benjamin S on Oct 20, 2008 02:20 am

#2 -  Renewable Energy > For Sale > Re: Outback FX2524T 2500W - 24V inverter, unused
Just on the outside chance you still have the inverter, I'm interested. Is this still for sale?

Posted by Benjamin S on Oct 20, 2008 02:04 am

#3 -  Renewable Energy > For Sale > Re: GTFX2524 Outback Inverter for sale and 8 VLX 53 Solar panels
IS this still available? I have a 5 yr old sunnyboy SWR 2500 that I need to sell/trade for a GTFX2524.  Thanks, Dennis.

Ben
Kauai, Hawaii

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!