Robert Baker's posts

Posted by Robert Baker on Apr 30, 2009 07:06 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Solar for RV
Sorry I can't take the credit for this vary smart mans article. I can only follow instructions somewhat but I've read this several times and have garnered allot from it.
 I found this article after I purchased two Evergreen 210 watt panels and the Morningstar Trystar 45 control.
 We just got back from 10 days in a national forest in which we had two days of rain and several days we used the heater all night without any need of a generator.
 This system charges in overcast and even rain!
 I know it's a little overkill but I don't go camping with my horses in the middle of nowhere to sit and listen to a generator drone on for hours.
 This has been my first trial as I just got it installed but it seems to be doing everything I want it to do and allot more.
 I want to thank everyone at AltE for there advice and help with this project. Now all I have to do is convert everyone I go riding with.
 PS- The Trystar 45 control doesn't make any noise with these panels.
 THANKS
 Bob Baker

Posted by Robert Baker on Apr 29, 2009 06:19 pm

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Solar for RV
I just finished a instal on our horse trailer with liveing quarters. I went a little bigger than your thinking but we camp for weeks at a time and I didn't want to worry about power and I didn't want to listen to a generator. I'll try to post this link to a articule that I think you will find a great help.
Bob
http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=dcr9s9n5_126x8xdwf2&invite=215280009

Posted by Robert Baker on Mar 17, 2009 05:11 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Re: Morning Star Tristar-45 charger
James
 I'm getting 2 Evergreen 205W Panels. I can always mount the charger on the front on the trailer and make a waterproof box to cover it.
 The charger is the 45.
Bob

Posted by Robert Baker on Mar 16, 2009 06:42 am

#4 -  Renewable Energy > RE General Discussion > Morning Star Tristar-45 charger
I order a Morning Star Tristar charger for my RV solar system. I'm in the process of planing the layout and was wondering if this charger makes any noise while charging. I can mount it in a cupboard in the camper if it doesn't make any noise but the last thing I want to go to sleep hearing is a constant buzzing or whining.
 Any advise will be greatly appreciated.
 Bob

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!