Maverick Brown's posts

Posted by Maverick Brown on Dec 4, 2007 11:13 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Wanted > Re: Looking for used solar panels in Ottawa, Canada region
Just checking on this... I am interested in these panels, even if I not in Ottawa... Did you decide??

Thanks

Maverick

Posted by Maverick Brown on Jul 4, 2003 08:59 am

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: I'm just getting started and could use some advice.
I think the key to your success is in the first sentence. "I would like to experiement" Go to www.hompower.com and order a couple back issues, maybe the latest CD. Read up on what you need to setup your power requirements in your shed. Play with it and have fun. Will it be more economical with Solar, probally not. Can you just buy a 100 foot 12 ga extension cord and string it out to your shed? Yes. Is that fun? You decide what your intentions are and do what you want...

Thanks and have fun.

Posted by Maverick Brown on Jun 26, 2003 04:50 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: I'm just getting started and could use some advice.
1. You did not mention how long the stuff would be operating. But a single 32W panel seems small.
2. The charge controller seems ok. Always try to go a little bigger so it last your upgrade cycles.
3. For a starter system, four Golf Cart Batteries can be bought from Sams Club for $45 each. I did, they work, same size, no shipping...
4. Inverters can be 400 - 1000W cheapies form Walmart, Sams, Home Depot. Try http://www.vectormfg.com/site2/vectormfg/default.php?cPath=22
5. Cables. Use 10ga from panels to charger. Buy Car Jumper Cables and cut them to fit from Battery to Inverter. You should build a plywood box to hold batteries and mount inverter on outside of box, like on the left or font, etc.
6. Homepower Mag can help. www.homepower.com

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!