Damon Hyde's posts

Posted by Damon Hyde on Jan 20, 2008 01:42 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > need a little help with my first solar experience
Hello , I started researching solar a couple of months ago in preparing to build my system this spring. First of all some background , I live in a small 950 square foot home currently using grid power. I would like to power the following with solar , TV 145W , microwave 1450W , 6 lamps using energy efficient bulbs 15W per lamp , computer 300W and a fifth burner at 750W. I am planning on a Vector 3000 Watt inverter , Xantrex C35 controller , 2 Kyocera K85T solar panels , the part I need help with are the batteries. I am having a hard time finding how many amps everything needs. Also not everything will be used all at once , for example I don't watch TV during the week at all , the fifth burner is only on to heat some water for tea before I go to work in the mornings , so I could use some help in figuring out how much battery capacity I need. I would like to use a 12 volt system as well , also I live in Ohio and have already bought the inverter , I hope the inverter is more than I need since eventually I would like to run a Haier washer and dryer from the inverter. Any comments or help is appreciated. Thanks

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!