Brett Williams's posts

Posted by Brett Williams on Mar 3, 2012 09:24 am

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Help with the plan for my electric system on my boat
I really like your diagram and plan on following it almost exactly. The only change I have to make (because of size) is the solar panels.

I am completely restoring (actually moe like customizing) my 1988 Marathon 2550 Bermuda Express and I've got a deadline to get some of the exterior and functional stuff done before Spring break this year. So, I've got a Month to go. Because of this, I'm going to do this 24v system in stages.

I will post some pictures of my boat as it progresses, particularly as I intall the components for this 24v system.

Thanks again Thomas!

Posted by Brett Williams on Mar 1, 2012 09:49 am

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Help with the plan for my electric system on my boat
Thank you very much Thomas for your extremely helpful reply!! I really appreciate it!!

I'm a noob to all this, and not much of an electrician to start with (I usually get my Dad to help!!).

Unfortunately, I can't get to the diagram that you posted in your reply. I get an error stating I don't have permission to access. Sad

Hopefully when I see your diagram, I'll better understand how you suggest hooking up the AC charger, the battery switches, fuses, etc. I definitely want to do this right.

I will get the most powerful solar panels I can, but size is definitely a limitation (for now). Ultimately, I'm going to build a custom hard top on my boat, and then I can put some bigger and even more powerful solar panels on top. Thanks for the suggestion to use them in series.

The Minn-Kota em160 I bought does say at full power it will use about 100-110A, but my plan is to use primarily for getting off & on the trailer, docking, cruising through canals & stuff, and backup power. I do plan to go to 6 batteries eventually, so that will help as you said.

Thanks again!

Feel free to send me that diagram directly via email if you'd like - neobrett (at) mailforce (dot) net

Posted by Brett Williams on Feb 24, 2012 06:39 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Help with the plan for my electric system on my boat
Hello,

I'm customizing my boat and one of the main things I"m doing is installing a new 24V electrical system. I've been doing tons of research over the last several months and am finally ready to start. The link below will take you to my plan so far;

http://neobrett.mailforce.net/Boat_Electric_System_Design.png

Here is where I need some of you knowledgeable people to help me (please!) Smiley

I'm not sure if my wiring diagram is correct, or if I've made good decisions with the components. Please take a look at it and let me know your suggestions, comments and complaints.

Thank you very much!

brett

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!