Polarity of flourescent cfl bulbs

1 Posts
Jun 3, 2007 08:57 am
Polarity of flourescent cfl bulbs

Can anyone tell me if the low wattage cfl bulbs are polarity sensitive. Using 12vdc only to light bulbs.
Thanks

20 Posts
Jun 20, 2007 02:42 pm
Re: Polarity of flourescent cfl bulbs

Yes, when you run your wires to the sockets for your CFL bulbs, you need to keep track of which wire is + and which is -
I believe that the + is the center contact, but my memory may be bad.  Test first, there is no risk.  The CFL will simply not light up if your connection is reverse polarity.

Cheers,
Michel

2 Posts
Jun 21, 2007 12:02 pm
Re: Polarity of flourescent cfl bulbs

Good Question and good answer. To be safe, always follow correct polarity. On most of the DC CFL's, there is usually a pos and neg symbol on the bulb itself, indicating correct polarity. Many of today's ballasts do NOT like reverse polarity. From the 'birds mouth' directly, Phocos specifically says to follow the correct polarity to avoid in-proper operation or damage.

Cheers,

Khanti
Alt-E Tech Sales Support
Learning Center Coordinator

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!