Technical Discussion: Other

Have a technical RE question that doesn't fit in our other categories? Looking for some specific advice from others in the RE community? Ask it here!

topics

Subject Started by Replies

maximum charge rate for SLA batteries?

Is there a maximum charge rate for SLA's?
James Johnson 2

Alternative Power without fuel wind or solar

Spirit Quest Ocean Survey not only performs ocean health survey but also develops leading edge technologies and we do have a pow...
roy dymond 1

Wireing a 700 watt inverter

I have wired a 12 volt system in my home using 10 gauge wire and 250 volt 20 amp ac outlets I wish to make some sort of pigtail ...
Rene M 1

Sizing a Charge Controller –

I am designing a 3KW, ‘24V’ off-grid solar project.  The way I see it, to float the batteries at the proper voltage (28...
Jack Spamless 1

charge controller settings for ST27DC-180 batteries

I've put together a smallish system, 1000 watts of panels (specs) arranged 2 series strings of 500 watts each, 48 volts, &l...
Gordon DeBower 0

Connecting two solar panels to a single charge controller

Hi! I am to connect 2 solar panels to a Morningstar Prostar Ps-30M 30A charge controller. The Solar panels are...
Fredrik E 0

PLEASE HELP 22 POWER SOURCES

i have a system where i have 22 AC power sources. i think i can get them to DC using rectifiers but not tottaly sure. the source...
Chris Chapman 2

Parallel 2 old battery banks with 1 charge controller

We have 2 older (8-10 yrs) battery banks. A 905AH in 12x2v and another that`s about 550AH, also in 12x2v.  They are current...
Cas Boyer 3

Max Lead Acid Discharge Current.

I'm planning a solar power system for our weekend cabin and have a question regarding discharge current.  I have a Pro...
Jerry Wenzel 14

Grid Parallel Inverter

I am wanting to install a 2 - 3kW system in my home. I live in Mississippi, and currently the power company does not allow for n...
Chris Dorsey 4

Conserving Gas, Alternative Energy, Solar Energy, Wind Energy Kwh/gal,MJ/gal

Check out this workbook my brother just wrote (I got the beauty he got the brains LOL) It covers everything from how to measure ...
Sh JA 0

max series fuse for the BSP20-12?

would a 4am breaker work for this module in a combiner box? Nothing listed on my panel or in the specs. http://store.al...
James Johnson 1

Can I Parallel these 2 panels?

running a 12v system I just bought 1 of these http://store.altenergystore.com/Solar-Panels/1-to-50-Watt-Solar-Panel...
James Johnson 2

Do new solar panels "settle" in?

Just tested my new Kyocera KC40T panel in the sun all day yesterday to see that it meets the specs as shown on it's label.&...
James Johnson 4

Charge Settings for Flooded Lead Acid Batteries

I have my cabin inverter system set up and running temporarily at my house.  It consists of a Xantrex Prosine 2kW inverter ...
Jerry Wenzel 1

new solar system

OK, where do I start. Bought a small, week long (at most) cabin/RV to use for a few weeks a year. It came with: 42...
Tim F 4

panel wiring review please

I'm on my way with a small system now. I just got my 1st Kyocera KC40T panel and other items and am going to order a 2nd pa...
James Johnson 4

Xantrex C-35 contoller

I have not purchased this yet but does this unit when switched to diversion mode still charge in PWM mode? I have downloaded som...
Max Schulte 5

Charge controller voltages

My PV bank is 16 Kyocera KC158 G with a Vmp rating at 23.2 volts. That is hooked to a Xantrex SW 4024 the system is grid tied an...
Dennis M 0

Learning and rethinking my cabin power system

I’ve been learning a lot on the forums.  I’ve been asking questions regarding a cabin with a 2000W inverter system and ...
Jerry Wenzel 15

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!