solar pool pump kits

1 Posts
Feb 20, 2008 12:21 am
solar pool pump kits

Hi,
   I live in the south of France were on average we get 3oo days of sunshine/annum.we have no mains electricity.we are currently running a small house with solar using 10@60watt panels/12 755ah batteries   through a studer 24v inverter/charger xpc 1624 and prostar-30 charge controller. back up power for battery charger and deep well pump 5.5kva gas generator.We are at the limit of our capacity and still have no fridge,we also would like to include a swimming pool pump and filter (small kidney shape).. Can anybody suggest ways of increasing system.Also any ideas on small bore deep well pumps (solar)our pump at present sits at 120mtrs,I would appreciate any help and advice as my french is so poor technical info here is difficult .
                        Graham R.

Feb 21, 2008 04:37 am
Re: solar pool pump kits

Ah yes, temptations. If only the means to make electric energy were as readily, and affordably, available as the means of consuming electric energy. An idea that has always kept my intrest is this. What ever consumes electric energy in reverse can produce electric energy. Think about the basics. A water pump powered by an electric motor/ running water drives a turbine spinning an electric generator. A fan/ a windgenny. Light/ photovoltaics. Heat, cold, the list goes on and on. Your computer!...
It may take a little ingenuity, but you'll come up with something. In the meantime here are some websites to ponder over to get those bio electric brain juices to flowing.
www.otherpower.com
http://micro.magnet.fsu.edu/electromag/java/index.html
http://www.essex1.com/people/speer/elect.html
You most likely have heard of Albert Einstein and his famous mathematical equation, E=mc2. E meaning Energy, m meaning mass, c being celeritas(the speed of light), and 2 represents squaring a number. In this case the speed of light. 1,079,252.848.8 km/h.
Basically what all of that means is that mass and energy, energy and mass are one and the same at the speed of light squared or 1,164,786,711,642,915,661.44 km/h.
At that speed simple items such as a screw driver or a frying pan could have enough energy in them power a city. If the entire electromagnetic spectrum were a football field, that portion of it that is visible light would be a single blade of grass.
http://www.geo.mtu.edu/rs/back/spectrum/
Your probably wondering why I am giving all this type of information. You just want to run a pool filter pump. There have been times when all it took for me to have an understanding of a thing, was to here someone state in just a certain way. Like 3 way/4way switches on a lighting circuit. All it took was to here someone say "you can have as many 4 way switches as you want as long as there is a 3 way switch at each end." From then on I could wire up these switches without any problem. I hope something I have written or maybe something at one of these websites will affect you the same way. Who knows, you may even have an original idea that no one has thought of before. The potential is there.

1 Posts
Mar 31, 2008 12:57 pm
Re: solar pool pump kits

Graham,
I have some direct experience building a solar heater for a 500 gallon (~2000 liters ) hot tub. I used one 4x8 vortex pool heater panel and a 12V a Shuflo ag pump. The heater works great. I will be glad to share my learned experience with you. Pool volume, sunlight hours and temperature rise determines the number of panels. The temperature rise is the calculated by the average temp that the pool is exposed to during the coldest month you plan on using your pool. Also, the temperature rise is determined by the desired water temp of the pool. The pump chosen largely depends on how much head (vertical rise between water level and pump) and lift (vertical rise between pump and solar panel. I needed a self priming pump with 6 ft head and 4 ft lift. I also insulated my pipes. Once a pump is selected, power requirements can be determined. Let me know your requirements and I make some suggestions.

Thanks
Marc Medley

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!