remote internet bridge

1 Posts
Nov 1, 2000 08:23 pm
remote internet bridge

help, help, help. I can not for the life of me figure out what size battery, and solar cell i need.
I have a wireless newtwork bridge that draws 18dcv @1amp.It must run 24hrs a day and might need 2-3 days of backup, and the smaller the unit the better. If i can get the size down I could use a couple dozen. I'm really not interested in wind power. The location is marrianna, fl.

Thank you

39 Posts
Apr 25, 2002 12:31 pm
Re: remote internet bridge

Nick, first you will have to use some 6 volt batteries. The most common is what is called a golf cart battery and can be found most anywhere. You would put 3 of these in series to get your 18 volts. Then if you want 3 days storage:

18 volts x 1amp = 18watts
x 24 hrs x 3    = 1296 watt hrs
/ 18 volts      = 72 amp hrs   or 24 amp hrs/day

So you would have to get batteries with a rating of 80-100 amp hrs. Two 50W panels, at 18 volts, getting 10 hrs of sun a day, will get you
27 amp hrs/day.  

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!