Polarity sensitive DC circuit breakers

1 Posts
Mar 31, 2008 06:55 pm
Polarity sensitive DC circuit breakers

I am using OBB-xx 125VDC-DIN circuit breakers and note says "polarity sensitive do not reverse feed" and there is a "+" on bottom contact of the breaker.  Where should this go?  To the source(Batt +) or load?  Since it is a thermally driven breaker fault current in either direction should trip the breaker so the polarity (current flow direction) shouldn't be an issue.

Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks
-jim
jom @ marshlands.org

578 Posts
Mar 31, 2008 07:05 pm
Re: Polarity sensitive DC circuit breakers

that is a good question.  as far as i know, on the dc side, for a combiner box application, the + will be on the bottom and where the ungrounded conductor for each pv string will enter. the fingerbus on the top will take the combined current away.    i dont think it matters, but you can also post on the outback forum, to see what they say.  i'd love to know.

cheers,

james
Alt-E staff

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

163 Posts
Mar 31, 2008 09:33 pm
Re: Polarity sensitive DC circuit breakers

Connect the + of the breaker to the + of the battery.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!