Kyocera Panels - KC85TS vs. KC85T - 36 vs. 72 cells

May 9, 2008 04:52 pm
Kyocera Panels - KC85TS vs. KC85T - 36 vs. 72 cells

Can anyone tell me the difference between these two panels?

The only difference according to the spec sheets are the number of cells per module.  With all other factors equal, is there any advantage of a solar panel having more cells?

My only thought would be maybe more cells would be able to better handle partial shading?

KC85T = 36 cells per module
KC85TS = 72 cells per module

http://www.kyocerasolar.com/pdf/specsheets/KC85T.pdf
http://www.kyocerasolar.com/pdf/specsheets/KC85TS.pdf

578 Posts
May 9, 2008 06:31 pm
Re: Kyocera Panels - KC85TS vs. KC85T - 36 vs. 72 cells

Kyocera T and TS modules are essentially equivalent. For a rated power, each module has identical physical dimensions and produces the same output in Watts. The difference between the Kyocera 85T and the Kyocera 85TS is that the TS modules use slightly larger cells while still producing the same output and fitting within the same frame as the T modules. The result is that the gaps between cells appear smaller on the TS and larger on the T. Kyocera sends the modules out interchangeably, but not in the same shipment. Therefore one pallet can contain either TS modules OR T modules, but not both.

-- i put this in the tips section of the spec page for you guys. i got it straight from kyocera. --

there are no real benefits that i can figure from "more cells" It is still a 12v nominal module, so it has 36 cells in series.  the cells on the 72 cell model are physically smaller which means less current, which is why there are two sets of  36 cells in series that are then in parallel to make the 85w to the best of my knowledge.

james
Alt-E staff

AltE
"Making Renewable Do-able"
http://www.altEstore.com/

Tel: 877.878.4060 x107  or +1.978.562.5858 x107
Fax: 877.242.6718  or +1.978.562.5854

May 9, 2008 09:38 pm
Re: Kyocera Panels - KC85TS vs. KC85T - 36 vs. 72 cells

Thank You!  I would have never been able to figure that out myself!

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!