Electricity

Mar 14, 2005 07:48 pm
Electricity

LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-05 AT 05:38 AM (EST)

Last year in the good old U.S.ofA. revenues from the selling of electricity reached almost
260 billion dollars. thats -
$260,000,000,000.00
It doesnt stop there. Its keeps going and going and going and going - year after year.
Imagine that. No wonder electric power production falls under national security.
But even with showing those kind of revenues the industry still gets government subsidies.
I wonder how much pollution that equates to?

Then theres crude oil imported into the U.S.A. each year.
Somewhere around 4 billion barrels at $35.00 a barrel.
$140,000,000,000.00
And it keeps going and going and going - year after year.

To think that I read in the news that one man killed another over $43.00

Makes me wonder what some of those "tycoons" are capable of. Come to think of it I dont have to stretch the imagination, we all know the name Saddam Hussein.

And the pollution keeps going and going and going - year after year. I could be wrong but it seems as though I heard somewhere that only 14% of the human population is as wealthy as the remaining 86%. That means only 840 million out of 6 billion humans on the planet Earth.
Imagine that you were a wealthy person and that you and your wealth were placed in a defined area with 7 other people chosen at random that were no where near as wealthy as you. If you had to choose one thing that you could take with you, what would it be?
I know, I know thats not really a fair qeustion. My point was to illustrate what it must be like for those 840 million extremely wealthy people to be stuck on Earth with the remaining 5 billion or so people. They are terribly out numbered. Little wonder that they started paying other people to guard them and thier wealth. It would seem that this is how government began. Possibly even religion. Most definitely the military.

351 Posts
Mar 21, 2005 02:26 pm
Re: wealth

"I could be wrong but it seems as though I heard somewhere that only 14% of the human population is as wealthy as the remaining 86%. That means only 840 million out of 6 billion humans on the planet Earth."

"My point was to illustrate what it must be like for those 840 million extremely wealthy people to be stuck on Earth with the remaining 5 billion or so people. They are terribly out numbered."

Sunour, I think you are being a little to subtle. I am not sure that most americans realize that they are in "those 840 million extremely wealthy people". The entire population of the US is about 230 million, so that would leave 610 million other extremely wealthy people in the world. Americans that are living near poverty are "rich" on a purely economic standard of comparision.  Arguing quality of life, is a different matter.

So, for everyone else, do you feel extremely rich and/or outnumbered ?

Mar 28, 2005 10:29 pm
Re: wealth

Good thing there are the 10 commandments. To think that Moses could have had the wealth of Egypt, and he declined it.
Who today could do that?
Could anyone in todays Continental American Congress be capable of declining there wealth and subject themseleves to living in poverty while still be able to hold office.
What chance would an American living in poverty have of obtaining even the chance of running in an election to hold office in that same congress.
I am not anti-American.
Where there is a country with a government that takes money from a working mans paycheck before he every has it in his pocession. Then turns around and says "oh! do you need to feed your children?" and gives him vouchers for this food and in doing so takes money from the paychecks of others to pay themseleves for being so generous. Well, lets just say it will be a cold day in you know where before anyone hears me singing the praises of God bless that country.
Did you know that 41% of the homeless in the suburban areas of the United States of America are families. Grandparents, Moms, Dads, brothers, and sisters. What chance have they to be heard by a congress whose members cater to those that can contribute the most money to there election campaigns? Chances are good that we dont even know of some of those that were in the runnings simply because the did not accept those "contrbutions" and so could not afford the plublicity.
If elected government officials in the USA are so because they want to serve this great nation, why are they not paid minimum wages? They are obviously wealthy to begin with, otherwise they could not have obtained their positions.
Its plain and simple. A nation where the "haves" are governing the "have nots." They must be feeling pretty brave though, after all they are removing God from all public government buildings. Who needs God when we have supreme court justices? Who needs angels when we have legislators? Who needs -ahh! who needs em?

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!