I need help Finding AWG #4 cables

11 Posts
May 1, 2008 09:37 pm
I need help Finding AWG #4 cables

Hi guys. I got #12 a few months ago after reading in my Air-X manual that a 24 volt and a length of 30 to 60 ft is good with a AWG #12, but I just found some reviews saying that people would recommend at least a #4. I think I could get by with a #6. Average wind speed in my area is between 5 and 10mph. The wind often blows that. It's fairly windy area, not like Diablo's Canyon in California but for north east area yea.

I was just wondering if someone could help me find some. I looked in the store here but didn't see. I saw a #10.

Experts might see my concert, as I want electricity to get to my batteries for charging (ohmns/Electrical Resistance). I have a 30ft tower that I got from here, and I want to have a 60ft #4 or #6 AWG cable. I could probably do 50 feet if I put the battery close to the tower.

So, can anyone help me out? other good areas? I can't do AWG2, I'm strapped for cash. But a Black, Green and Red all AWG #4 50 ft or 60ft. Thanx

May 2, 2008 04:27 am
Re: I need help Finding AWG #4 cables

That does seem kinda big. Even for a run of 60 foot. Were only talking about 17 amps right?
There should be an electrical supply house somewhere near you that will cut the lengths you need. Electrical contractors need to have some sort of supplier. Check the yellow pages. Will THHN work? As for the color, while your there tell them you need some red and green tape and you can tape each end of the same wire.

76 Posts
May 5, 2008 11:52 am

I you really need that kind of wire, McMaster-Carr has it.  I'd suggest 8ga AWG, though.  6 is really kinda big for just one Air-X.

11 Posts
May 14, 2008 08:09 pm

Hi Tom Allen... I got a 3, 60 foot #6 AWG.

On Page 10 and 11 of the Air-X manual, the chart is what I was rilled up about.

24 volt 400 wat Air-X at average wind speed 12mph
0-30ft 14awg | 30-60ft 12awg | 60-90ft 10awg

Numbers are much different for the 12volt version.

Page 11 Wireing Compensation for Average Wind Speed

Average wind speed | Multiplier for Wire Lengths
9mph | 2
10mph | 1.5
11mph | 1.25
12mph | 1

The average wind speed in my area is right around 8 or 9mph.

You're an expert on this right? or fairly knowledgable. That sounds bare minimal right? Mulitplier is 2, so 12awg multiply wire strength = #6awg.

I ordered another pure sine inverter... says it's back ordered :/ 12 volt 150watt samlex. The cable I got from a nice guy on ebay, lucky I found some someone who sold AWG #6.

Now the main project I have left is extending my chembuster, which will take a while to save up for. I'm pretty much prepared for the crash, got some food growing, got solar and wind generators, got a chembuster to stop the sylphs in the planes (chemtrails), got water filters to filter flouride and other mind control chemicals... Yep I feel great that I'm prepared. Still a few other things I'd like to get. Anyways a big thanx to AltE. I suscribed to their channel on youtube. Cheesy

Take care guys, and Thomas Allen, let me know what you think, #6 AWG sounds good according to the specs right? thanx, later guys.

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!