Buderus Logalux PL750/2S - anyone?

5 Posts
Nov 16, 2008 07:57 am
Buderus Logalux PL750/2S - anyone?

I'm considering this for my Solar HW planned for next fall.�  Anyone installed one?�  Using one?�  Seen one?

Thanks,
Mike

http://www.buderus.net/OurProducts/DomesticHotWaterTanks/LogaluxPL7502S/DownloadLiterature/tabid/592/Default.aspx

Nov 27, 2008 10:51 am
Re: Buderus Logalux PL750/2S - anyone?

Hi Michael,
A plumber I work with had told me that Buderus was offering SHW systems. I do know that they make quality heating products. If you check out the Buderus website, they offer training workshops at their place in New Hampshire. I think they're just one day affairs, geared towards plumbers and HVAC but may be worth checking out if you're thinking of using their products.

Nov 27, 2008 11:13 am
Re: Buderus Logalux PL750/2S - anyone?

One more thing... just looked at the Buderus website again. They offer a pre-insulated copper tubing with sensor wire. You can bend the soft copper somewhat but very carefully. I just roughed in my house using a product made by Caleffi Solar. It's stainless steel tubing that is pre-insulated with the sensor wire but it's very flexable. The two tubes can be split apart with insulation still on each tube. I was able to bend this stuff and snake it through walls that I never could have done with type m copper. The ends have really simlple union fittings can be attached with a couple of wrenches. No soldering!! I paid $650 for a 50 foot roll and it was worth every penny for the ease of installation. I'm not sure what the Buderus tubing costs. Velux skylights now are also offering SHW. They use what appears to be the Callefi tubing. They have short installation videos that show how easy the tubing can be connected.
Good luck!

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!