Paul Edwards's posts

Posted by Paul Edwards on Sep 5, 2006 10:46 pm

#1 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Off grid Wireless hotspot
Thanx for the information.  I believe the values are the rated  values from the transformers, not the measured...having said that I think the performance and reliability should error on the high side, so all your info (I believe) is right on target.  The timers as you suggested are perfect...didn't think of just using those cheap timers.  I will post the results as they develop.  Thanx again... Paul

P.S.  You guys are great and I really appreciate the info as it cuts time and money from the project...I believe that I would have had more maintenance and power problems that would have tripled my budget...I think your analysis will save me in the long run.

Posted by Paul Edwards on Aug 9, 2006 01:56 am

#2 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Re: Wood burning stoves
Try a pellet stove...pellets come in 50pd bags and you can pick them up in almost every city...carry as many as you need for the amount of days out.

Posted by Paul Edwards on Aug 8, 2006 11:43 pm

#3 -  Renewable Energy > Technical Discussion: Other > Off grid Wireless hotspot
Can anyone tell me what size equipment kit or products I will need for the following...

A remote off grid wireless hotspot.  The broadband system comes to the area from a wireles radio 802.11a, 2amps, 5 volts DC from an AC adapter 120v 1.0a max, and always on.  then we take the signal to a wireless hotspot router 802.11g, 120v 23watt to 24V DC, 500mA , that provides 600' radius signal from the omni antenna. This wireless router is also on all the time.  May want to add another hotspot router to this solar powered station.  budget is about $600+_, Have the mast, just need the panels and mounting, box with battery & inverter electronics.  May want a timer to shut down radios at 10pm and back on at 8am. and any other things that may be sugessted...sizing the unit with 1 to 2 day operation in Northern NM, we have lots of sun...thanx, Paul...

Disclaimer and Disclosure

The Alternative Energy Store, Inc reserves the right, within its sole discretion, to refuse or delete any posting or portion thereof, or terminate or block the access to this forum.

The opinions and statements posted on this forum are the opinions and statements of the person posting same, and do not constitute the opinion or act of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc (AltE). The Alternative Energy Store, Inc does not endorse or subscribe to any particular posting. No posting shall be construed as the act or opinion of the Alternative Energy Store, Inc.

Click here for BBB Business Review

McAfee SECURE sites help keep you safe from identity theft, credit card fraud, spyware, spam, viruses and online scams
Desktop Website | Mobile Website

Click on an icon to share! If you don't see the method you want, hover over the orange "+".

Feedback

What can we do to help you?

Please enter a summary
Sorry, the copyright must be in the template.
Please notify this forum's administrator that this site is using an ILLEGAL copy of SMF!
Copyright removed!!