We are no longer offering this product.The below information is presented for informational purposes only. You may also find similar items in the category.
- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Battery Backup Solar Power Systems
- Productos Solares en Puerto Rico
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels & PreWired Systems
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Solar Panel Mounts
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- Books & Educational Videos
- * Clearance Sale *
- 2020 Solar Installer Conference
Solar Converters 3A, 12/24V Linear Current Boost for Solar Pumps
|Item code||Brand name||Model number|
|SORPPT12/24-3||Solar Converters||PPT 12/24-3|
Solar Converters Inc - PPT 12/24-3
12V/24V @ 3 Amps, Dual Voltage
Linear Current Booster /
Used to control and power a DC motor from a solar panel. The unit prevents stalling of the motor under less than full sun condition. The power of the sun is transformed to the motor running conditions so as the sun goes down the motor slows down instead of stalling. Conversely, or as the sun comes up the motor starts running much earlier instead of staying stalled for hours when it could be running. This translates into more running time of the motor where it spends a lot of time working instead of stalled doing no work.
- Voltage Limited Output - prevents motor burnout
- Internal Fuse - 5 amp automotive style
- Greatly increases water flow, even under reduced sunlight conditions (over 40% likely)
- Transient Protected on the input and output
- Float Switch input for on/off control
- Single Unit Switchable 12 V or 24 V
- Ultra High Efficiency >94%
|Nominal Voltage (V)||12 / 24|
|Nominal PV Input (V)||12 / 24|
|Maximum PV Input (V)||45|
|Maximum Output voltage (A) **||15 / 30|
|Maximum Output (A)||3|
|Maximum Output (A)
short term - 10 sec
** Special units have a suffix of M XX after the part number. The maximum output voltage of the pump driver is XX. For example PPT 12/24 - 3 M6 will power a 6 V motor from a nominal 12 V solar panel. Note that the motor current increase by the ratio of approx. 15/6. Thus a 1 amp 12 V nominal solar panel will power the motor at 2.5 Amps.
- Weight: less than 0.5 lb.
- Size: 3" X 2" X 1.5" resembling a junction box with mounting feet
- Operating Temperature: -40 to 70 deg. C
- Humidity: 90 % non-condensing
Note: To allow for changing the fuse the cover can be removed. To make the unit waterproof, apply a small amount of silicon around the unit's lid.
- Power: PV and Load 6 inch # 16 AWG flying leads
- Input: Red = PV +, White = PV -
- Output: Orange = Pump +, Brown = Pump -
- Signal: float switch, 12/24 V select
- 6 inch # 24 flying leads yellow: connect to PV - = OFF for float switch operation
- 6 inch # 24 flying leads purple: connect to PV - = 24 V operation disconnected = 12 V operation
- This Pump Power Tracker(TM) is quite capable of putting out over 15 amps into a stalled load even from a single 30 watt 4.5 amp panel. It is recommended that a fuse or overtemperature switch matched to your pump motor be incorporated in the system to protect your pump or motor.
- Float Switch operation draws microamps of current, i.e. small wire gauge, allowing long distance runs between float switches / holding tanks, and PV / pump driver without the need to string long lines of heavy gauge wire.
- Unit is a true 3 amp unit, all necessary derating already accounted for. Unit is capable of 5 amp operation with normal derating practices.
- As with all electronics, it is recommended the unit not be mounted in direct sunshine.
- Solar panel or energy limited input only.
Note: In the interest of continuous product improvement, specifications subject to change without notice.
Order Model No:
PPT 12/24-3 MXX for different motor voltage where XX is the max. motor voltage
Downloadable PDF Documentation:
Special Shipping Note:
All Solar Converter Products are behind in production. These items are usually shipped directly from the manufacturer in Canada. They cannot be shipped by any expedited methods such as UPS Blue or Red. They will generally be shipped via Canadian Express Mail which avoids import brokerage fees of $50-$60. Lead time on these products may be up to 4-6 weeks depending on their production. This is true of all Solar Converters products with the exception of the battery desulphator (item code SORBD-2) that we stock in our warehouse. If you want Solar Converters products to be shipped by normal Canadian Post, but would prefer to have the rest of your order to be shipped by a faster method, please write this information in your order's notes during checkout.
There are no reviews for this product.