- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Productos Solares en Puerto Rico
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- Solar Panel Mounts
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels & PreWired Systems
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- Books & Educational Videos
- * Clearance Sale *
- Hot Deals
Base Kit 2 Off-Grid 6.32kW Residential Solar Power System
|Item code||Brand name||Model number|
|KITOFFGRIDBASE2||AltE||Off-Grid 6.32kW System|
Off Grid 5.76kW Solar Power SystemLet altE help you with your off grid system and make it easy to decide which one is best for you!
- First, you need to decide what your daily power needs are. This will help determine which size system is appropriate for you. If you need help sizing a system for your off grid home, start by checking out our Off Grid System Calculator.
- Next, find where you live on the map below. This will show you he amount of daily power, in hours, received each day, on an optimally tilted surface during the time of year when there's the least amount of sun.
- Then, what type of energy storage is best for your needs? Do you like low maintenance, lowest cost option, longest cycle life? See the Battery Option chart below to help you decide.
- Lastly - how do you want to mount your system? Is your roof in good shape, free from tree/building shadows, and south facing? Or do you have enough open land to do a ground mount or pole mount system? What's your climate where you live- do you have heavy snow loads?
How much power will I get from this system?
Base Components of this Off Grid System:
The solar panels and the pre-wired inverter/charge controller system and components are included in the base kit. Battery bank and Mounting solutions are options that you can add on. NOTE: The image of the solar panels above is representational. The correct panel and quantity will always be listed in the table below.
Off-Grid 5.76kW Solar Power System Includes:
|TRINA VERTEX S 395W BIFACIAL MONO BLACK SOLAR PANEL||16|
|100' MC4 Connector Cable #10 AWG||2|
|Wiley PV Cable Clips||32|
|Disconnect Key for Solar Panel Connector Cables||1|
|Sol-Ark 5K All-In-One Pre-Wired Inverter||1|
|IMO DC Disconnect||1|
|altE Battery to Inverter Cables, 2/0 10', Pair||1|
For Battery Bank Options, decide from the table below and add to cart above:
|Battery Type||KiloVault 2100 PLC
Advanced AGM Battery
|KiloVault Lithium Battery
|Battery Bank Item Code||KIT2BATTOPTAGM||KIT2BATTOPTLION|
|# of Batteries in Kit
(Necessary cables/access also included)
|(12) KiloVault 2100Wh
12V Advanced AGM Battery
|(4) KiloVault 3.6kWh Lithium Batteries|
|Maximum Recommended Depth of Discharge (DoD)||50%||80%|
|# Cycles at Max Recommended DoD||3000||5000|
|Battery Amp-Hours (C/20 Charge Rate)||180 Ah||300 Ah|
|Battery Watt-Hours (C/20 Charge Rate)||2160 Wh||3600 Wh|
|Total Battery Bank Capacity (C/20)||25.9 kWh||14.4 kWh|
|Maximum Useable Capacity
at Max DoD
|12.96 kWh||11.5 kWh|
|Average Price Per Battery||$475||$2279|
|Average Cost/kWh Cycle*||$.15||$.15|
|Average Lifespan||8 Years||13 Years|
|Operating Temperature Range||-20° to 45°C||0° to 45°C|
|Weight||127 lbs||85 lbs|
|Warranty||5 Years||7.5 Years|
|Country of Origin||China||China|
|Pros||Advanced Pure Lead Carbon technology improves charge/discharge.
Avg cost up front.
Modular and lightweight.
No cooling or ventilation needed.
Lowest lifetime cost.
|Cons||Replacement costs (~3X over life of solar system).||Highest up front cost.|
*Average Cost/kWh Cycle = (Avg Price Battery/(# Cycles x DoD X Wh)) x 1000
For Mounting Options, decide from the table below and add to cart above:
|Mounting Type||Roof Mount Option
||Ground Mount Option
|Mounting Option Item Code||KIT2ROOFOPT||KIT2GROUNDOPT|
|Kit Includes||IronRidge XR100 14' Rails, clamps, and flashing||IronRidge XR1000 17' Rails, clamps, and caps/connectors
(Does not include Schedule 40 pipe to be sourced locally)
|Snow Load PSF||Up to 60 PSF||Up to 60 PSF|
Recommended Add-Ons for this Kit:
|Recommended Add-Ons Wind Option|
|Part Number||Item Description|
|SOUAIR40-48V||Primus Air 40 48V Wind Turbine|
|SOUAIR-STOPSWCH||Primus 3-Position Stop Switch for Wind Turbines|
|SOUAIR-TTU-27||Primus 27ft Tilt Up Tower Kit|
|SOUAIR-TTU-45||Primus 45ft Tilt Up Tower Kit|
|OUTPNL-5-AC/DC||5A 150VDC 120VAC Panel Mount Breaker|
|Recommended Add-Ons Batteries|
|Part Number||Item Description|
|OUTIBR-2-48-175||Outback 2-Shelf AGM Battery Rack 48V|
|OUTIBR-3-48-175||Outback 3-Shelf AGM Battery Rack 48V|
* To take a look at technical spec pages, installation manuals, warranty information, etc. click on each item in the chart to go to that Spec Page.
This item is a package made up of the following components. Please call to speak to a sales representative to learn about other options which may be available.
- 16 x Trina Vertex S 395W Bifacial Mono Black Solar Panel
- 2 x Staubli 100' MC4 Connector Extension #10 AWG
- 32 x Wiley Electronics PV- Cable Clip ACC-PV (Stainless Steel)
- 1 x Sol-Ark 5K Hybrid Inverter Pre-Wired System, Outdoor
- 1 x IMO DC Solar Isolator SI32-PEL64R-4 2 String 32A
- 1 x Disconnect Key for Staubli MC4 Connectors
- 1 x Battery to Inverter Cables, 2/0 AWG 10Ft (120"), Red/Black Pair