- FEATURED PRODUCTS
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Productos Solares en Puerto Rico
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- Solar Panel Mounts
- MORE PRODUCTS
- Cables & Wiring
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Heat Pump Water Heaters
- Inverter Power Panels & PreWired Systems
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
- Books & Educational Videos
- * Clearance Sale *
Grid-Tie 6.5kW Solar Power System with SMA Inverter
|Item code||Brand name||Model number|
|KITONGRID6.0SMA||AltE||Grid-Tie 6.5kW System|
Use our Grid Tie Solar Calculator to see how big of a system you need:
Watch our video on "How much solar do I need for a 2000 square foot home?"
6.5kW Grid Tie System
With SMA Inverter
Would you like to reduce your electric bill? These grid tie solar power systems are a great place to start. So how much power are you currently using on a monthly basis? You'll need to look at your bill to find out. That will tell you how many kilowatt-hours (kWh) you are using each month. Then you simply plug that average monthly number into our Grid Tie Calculator, and off you go! Again, the video to the right will step you through this very simple process.
The map below gives you an average monthly usage of power that this system can produce for you. You'll see that different areas of the country have different amounts of peak sun hours. Take a look on map below and find where you live. Also be sure to check out our Solar Rebates page where you can look up your state - you can save as much as 50% or more, in combination with the Federal incentives, on your installed system!
NOTE: The image of the solar panels above is representational. The correct panel will always be listed in the table below.
|6.5kW Grid Tie Kit Includes:|
|Part Number||Item Description||Quantity|
|HEL360HSPE360B||Heliene 360 Watt Mono All Black Solar Panel||18|
|PVCMC4-MF-100FT||100' MC4 Connector Cable||2|
|GENMC4KEY||Disconnect Tool for MC4 Connector Cables||1|
|SMASB6.0-US41V2||SMA Sunny Boy 6000 Watt Grid Tie Inverter||1|
|SMAJMSF420||SMA JMS-F 420W Rapid Shutdown Unit||18|
|MIDMNSPD-600||Solar Surge Protection Device 600V||2|
|MIDMNSPD-300||Solar Surge Protection Device 300VDC/AC||1|
|SQUDU222RB||Square D DU222RB 60A 240VAC Unfused Disconnect||1|
|SQUPK3GTA1||Square D Ground Kit PK3GTA1||1|
|BURBIBS43||Burndy Multiple Wire Terminal||2|
|TWOXR100132A||IronRidge XR100 11' Rail, Clear||12|
|TWOXR100-BOSSM1||Bonded Splice Kit for XR-100 Rails||8|
|TWOXR100CAP||End Cap for XR-100 Rails - Pair||4|
|TWOUFOCLMPBK||IronRidge XR Universal Clamp, Black||42|
|TWOUFOSTP40MMB1||IronRidge XR Stopper Sleeve, 40MM, Black||8|
|TWOGDLUG||XR Grounding Lug w/Hardware||2|
|TWOFLASHVUEM1||IronRidge FlashVue Flashing||32|
|TWOSQUAREBOLT||Square Bonding Hardware||32|
|HLRDCCONDUCT||NEC Label: DC Conductors May Be Energized||3|
|HLRWESHLBL17||NEC Label: Electric Shock Hazard||4|
|HLRCSCIRLBL||NEC Label: Caution Solar Circuit, 5pk||1|
|HLR14TURNOFFPV||NEC Label: Turn Off PV Before Working||3|
|HLRELECSHKDC17||NEC Label: Warning Elec Shock, DC Voltage||1|
|HLR14DUALPOWER||NEC Label: Warning, Dual Power Source||1|
|HLRPVACDIS||NEC Label: Photovoltaic AC Disconnect||3|
|HLRMPVSD||NEC Label: Main PV System Disconnect||1|
|HLRPOWSRC17||NEC Label: Warning, Power Source Output||1|
|HLRDCDISCT||NEC Label: Photovoltaic DC Disconnect||1|
|HLRMAXVOLT17||NEC Label: Maximum Voltage||1|
|HLRRAPID2017||NEC Label: Rapid Shutdown Switch||3|
* To take a look at technical spec pages, installation manuals, warranty information, etc. click on each item in the chart to go to that Spec Page.
Components of this 6.5kW Grid Tie Solar Power System:
Listed below are the major components needed for a solar installation. Since each installation is unique, some parts/materials will need to be purchased separately to satisfy the needs of your specific project and local regulations.
1. Photovoltaic Modules (aka solar panels, solar electric panels)
The PV modules are the individual building blocks for providing power from the sun. They are typically made from silicon cells, glass, tedlar, and aluminum. Solar Panels can vary in type, size, shape, and color. The common nominal voltages for panels are 20V and 24V, in order to accomodate the voltage windows of grid tie inverters.
2. Racking/Mounting System for Solar Panels
The mounting system for the solar panels includes the hardware to permanently affix the array to either a roof, a pole, or the ground. These systems are typically made of aluminum and are customized to the mounting surface and the model of module used. It is important to consider distance from roof for flush-type roof mount installations. Restricting airflow under the modules results in higher module operating temperatures that reduce power output. With pole mounts wind loading must be considered and proper civil works must be done with the foundation for the pole as well as the possible addition of supplementary wind supports for the array frame.
3. Combiner Box
A combiner box is an electrical box where series strings of solar panels are then spliced in parallel. This is also the place where the PV series string fuses or circuit breakers are located. This allows the installer to bring the separate strings together and combine them into one positive and one negative conductor, change wire types and leave the area of the modules in conduit. They are usually outside and weather rated, so they can be right next to the array.
4. DC and AC Disconnects
The DC and AC disconnects are manual switch units that are capable of cutting off power to and from the inverter. Some inverters have disconnects integrated into the unit with switches, others can have them integrated into a power panel assembly, and some inverters leave you on your own to provide suitable disconnecting means. The disconnects are used by service personnel or authorized persons (fire/police/electric workers) to disable power from a renewable energy system (in this case PV) so that there are no live electrical parts associated with the inverter, and that no current is going to the grid that could harm utility employees in the event that they are working in your area. Homeowners or authorized personnel can use the disconnects to de-energize a system for maintenance or service.
5. Grid Tie Inverter (String Inverter)
The grid tie inverter is the device that takes the energy that the photovoltaic system produces in DC current form and turns it to AC current that is then sent (sold) to the electric grid. These inverters typically have a voltage input range from 100 to 500 volts DC and they convert it into 120 volts AC, 240 volts AC, or 208 volts AC. These inverters are especially sophisticated devices that must conform to special regulations in order to tie into the utility. When the power goes out in your area, it is important to know that the grid tie inverter will not allow power to be sold back to the grid. This is done to prevent electric utility workers from being injured or killed by working on power lines they thought were de-energized. When the power goes out, your power will go out as well. A grid tie inverter will not resume normal operations until the utility grid has established standard conditions for 5 straight minutes within strict parameters.
See our video on the different grid tie inverters, and the benefits of the String Inverter:
This item is a package made up of the following components. Please call to speak to a sales representative to learn about other options which may be available.
- 18 x Heliene 360 Watt Black Mono Solar Panel
- 2 x Staubli 100' MC4 Connector Extension #10 AWG
- 1 x Disconnect Key for Staubli MC4 Connectors
- 1 x Midnite Solar Surge Protection Device 300VDC and 120/240 VAC
- 1 x Square D DU222RB 60A 240VAC Unfused Disconnect, 2 pole
- 1 x Square D Ground Kit pk3gta1
- 2 x Burndy Products BIBS4-3 Multiple Wire Terminal, Clear
- 12 x Ironridge XR-100 Rail, 11 Foot Section, Clear
- 8 x IronRidge XR-100 BOSS Bonded Structural Splice
- 4 x Ironridge End Cap for XR-100 Rails - Pair (Left/Right)
- 42 x IronRidge Universal Fastening Object (UFO), Black , Each
- 8 x IronRidge XR Stopper Sleeve, 40MM, Black, EACH
- 2 x IronRidge XR Grounding Lug w Hardware, Each
- 32 x Clear (Mill) IronRidge FlashVue
- 32 x Bonding Hardware, Square, for FlashFoot 2 and L Foot, Each
- 40 x Solar Panels Cable Clip, Stainless Steel - PV Wire
- 1 x SMA Sunny Boy 6.0-US-41 Grid Tie Inverter - Without Wifi
- 18 x SMA JMS-F Rapid Shutdown Unit - SunSpec
- 2 x Midnite Solar Solar Surge Protection Device - 600V
- 4 x NEC 2017 Compliant Label: Warning - Electrical Shock Hazard
- 3 x NEC 2014 Compliant Label: Turn off Photovoltaic AC Disconnect
- 1 x NEC 2017 Compliant Label: Warning - Electrical Shock Hazard - DC Voltage
- 1 x NEC 2014 Compliant Label: Warning -Dual Power Source
- 3 x NEC 2017 Compliant Label: PV System AC Disconnect Label
- 1 x NEC 2011 Compliant Label: Main PV System Disconnect Label
- 1 x NEC 2017 Compliant Label: Warning - Power Source - Do Not Relocate
- 1 x NEC 2011 Compliant Label: Photovoltaic DC Disconnect Label
- 1 x NEC 2017 Compliant Label: Maximum Voltage Label
- 5 x NEC 2020 Compliant Label: Photovoltaic Power Source
- 1 x NEC 2017 Compliant Label: Rapid Shutdown Switch
- 3 x NEC 2011 Compliant Label: DC Conductors May Be Energized
There are no reviews for this product.