- * Clearance Sale *
- Books & Educational Videos
- Cables & Wiring
- Charge Controllers
- Deep Cycle Batteries
- Enclosures, Electrical & Safety
- Foldable / Flexible Solar Panels
- Inverter Power Panels
- Lighting & Fans
- Meters, Communications & Site Analysis
- Portable Power Systems
- Refrigerators & Freezers
- Solar Panel Mounts & Trackers
- Solar Panels
- Solar Power Systems
- Solar Water Heating
- Solar Water Pumps
- Voltage Converters
- Wind Turbines
S-5-PV-UL Kit with UL Approved Grounding
|Item code||Brand name||Model number|
The concept of combining photovoltaic arrays with standing seam metal roofing is growingâ and for good reasons. A standing seam metal roof has a life expectancy consistent with that of framed PV modules. A 30-year power source on a 40-year roof, along with zero-penetration technology creates the most sustainable roof system available with alternative power generation, all without compromising the roof's warranty!
The new S-5-PV Kit boasts an important breakthrough in PV mounting technology. It is one of the first solar module mounting solutions in the industry to be listed to the new UL subject 2703, a standard that covers both bonding and mounting. Furthermore, the S-5-PV Kit has gained an ETL Listing to UL 1703.
The S-5-PV Kit features a groundbreaking new stainless steel mounting disk with twelve nodes designed to ensure the module-to-module conductivity of anodized aluminum module frames. This means the module is simply anchored with the kit, and is automatically bonded. No lugs or wire required except to connect one string of modules to another and to ground the system.
- New longer PV studs to accommodate PV frame thicknesses from 1.3" (33 mm) to 2.5" (64 mm)
- Embossed mounting disk placement guides designed to provide quick and precise alignment
- Four new strategically placed mounting disk hooks to assist in wire management
- New broader ears on the PV grab allow for even easier installation and precise module engagement
- Universally directional mounting disks for simplicity of installation
- Absolutely NO rails required
- Incredible holding strength that only S-5! can offer
Please Note: The diagram below shows the PV-Kit mounted on top of the S-5! Mini Clamp (purchased separately).
For more information on how S-5! Mini clamps and PV-Kits are used for solar installations, check out this video from S-5!.